FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest eyewall???  (Read 56819 times)

slipbob

Biggest eyewall???
« on: Apr 02, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Alright what's your biggest wallywacker.  I have lots of pet names for these fish cause they are my absolute favorite fish of all time since I was about 6 years old.  They just intrigue me for some reason and I guess everybody has to have a favorite something.  My largest walleye was 12lbs from the lower Oswego river a big old harbor eye.  How bout you???  Remember no fish stories here please just the facts man just the facts!!!

eyedoktr

Re: Biggest eyewall???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2004, 06:27 PM »
I've been very fortunate in that I have caught quite a few over 10#. Thank you Bay of Quinte and Lake Erie. My heaviest though is 13.7# jigging through the ice on the Bay of Quinte. 32" long
Pete Lewis

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2004, 06:29 AM »
Those are awesome fish!  My biggest is 26", 6.5 lbs.  Someday I'd like to catch one over 10#s.  But alas, I must move to Mississippi for work and I won't have too much time or opportunity to fish for walleye.  I have truly enjoyed the last month though, what a fish!  I love fishing for walleye!!!  ;D

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2004, 03:08 PM »
10#, 30" C&R few years back in Oct. @ sunset on a 1-1/2 oz yellow bucktail of the bank on the Hudson river, NY. 15# line, ambassator baitcaster, 5 1/2 ft. med-heavy rod.
And got to share my joy all by myself. ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Most of the walleyes I catch are 1 - 3 pounds. A four pounder isn't a bad one for me.
I was fortunate one evening ice fishing to land a 10 pound and 7 pound walleye on consecutive drops with a jigging rapala. Both were egg laden females getting ready to spawn (it was late february), and I released both. I was fishing alone and didn't get a pic of either, but I would rather release a big female with eggs rather than kill it for a pic.
Since I can't afford to have my fish mounted, I would rather release most any trophy. It's really important in my mind to keep those genes in the gene pool. Most big fish don't taste good anyway. Give me four 12" brookies or three 14" walleyes and that is a meal fit for a king.

Tyler

reubenpa

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2004, 11:41 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(I ain't never caught one :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2004, 07:17 PM »
Haven't fished for walleye much in my fishing days, but I can catch a lot of them. I have got a few around 5 lbs. i usally catch the 15"ers mostly, but, with persistence, I will get the lunker one day :D

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2004, 07:16 PM »
You are right eyedoktr,ice fishing quinte is the DADDY RABITT for walleyes.13.3lbs 33 inchs
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2004, 10:57 AM »
mine best was 26" so far.  It might be peanuts compared to some great lakes eyes but here in NJ they don't get super huge.  I don't care much for bass fishing,  I think that wallaye fishing is much more challenging and a lot more rewarding when u finally get 'em patterned. If i break the 30" mark,  i'll be mounting that sucker!     ;D                    J.
GONE FISH'G.......

buzzbomb

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2004, 01:27 PM »
I wouldn't normally of killed this one, but he'd swallowed the jig into his gills and was bleeding.              I never weighed it, but my guess is about 9 1/2 lbs.  It was a male, and spawned out.

iceice

• FISH HARD
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2004, 10:18 PM »
Nice fish buzzbomb
2005 17FT LUND MR PIKE                                                                                       
 90hp MERCURY OPTIMAX
WALKER DOWNRIGGERS
JUST ADD WATER!!!

wny angler

« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2004, 01:12 AM »
my biggest was a 31 incher caught out of lake erie near dunkirk ny last may ,there were 4 of us casting stickbaits while wading out into the surf at night,3 hrs without a bite then a school moved in and we all caught 3 or 4 apiece averaging 29 to 32 inches before the school moved off.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2004, 04:42 PM »
     Longest fish was 32 1/2" out of Lake Erie in open water, that fish only weighed 8 1/2 lbs.  It was missing a good portion of its tail.  So I imagine it was not able to feed well. 
     Heaviest fish was 9 lbs 15oz 29" and through the ice.  Have caught many over 8lbs. but still looking for that 10.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Polar

« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:32 PM »
12.8 lbs on a rapala

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2004, 09:54 AM »
My biggest walleye caught was 28 inches. I know I have had bigger but shaky hands and bad luck has deprieved me of getting that monster that I am looking for. ::) ::) ::)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.