FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: favorite slip bobber  (Read 11915 times)

cbtrtbum

favorite slip bobber
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:31 AM »
Good evening everyone,
i am new t Walleye fishing and plan to hit a local reservoir next week to try my luck. Was wondering what everyones favorite slip bobber was, as i plan to fish some live monnows under one on one of my rods.  I really appreciate any and all help. Cheers, Chris

tsmith17

• A day of bad fishing is still a good day.
Re: favorite slip bobber
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:14 AM »
I have been using the Thill Pro Series slip bobbers for a couple years now and have had zero problems, caught lots of walleyes myself.  Just last week I bought some "Walleye Stalker" brand slip bobbers and I really like them so far, they sit a little lower in the water with the bottom 3/4 submerged to offer very little resistance when wally take the bait.  For lighter presentations or on calm days I will use the yellow "Ice Buster" ice fishing slip bobbers too, they detect very slight bites when I'm using less weight. Good luck man, hope I helped.

fishermantim4

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:48 AM »
I too like the thill pro bobbers. They work great day and night
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

cbtrtbum

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:52 AM »
thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the help.  Cheers,Chris

William12

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:40 PM »
My father likes  the thill pro bobbers too, but i am using the Fishing bobber no brand , but they work great  :D

tgruenke

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 09:00 AM »
When you guys slip bobber do you use a jig at the end or hook with some slip shots?

Thanks

JRSwillow

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:14 AM »
have you guys used those glow slip bobbers for night fishing?

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03 AM »
tg....I use very small jigs at times (1/16-1/32) other times plain hook with 1 to 3 split shots...depends on wind or waves.....a good read if you do alot of slip bobber fishing is "Slip Bobbering" by Greg Bohn...Good Luck...Doug

slipperybob

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 04:47 PM »
I've never used the BWAB.  I thought you had to bottom rig it.

My favorite bobber would be the cigar type floats.  The one's I like best or the mille lacs special by Thill.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

BBK

« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Bass pro shops balsa slip bobber, come 6 in a pack for $5. I use the 3/4", #5 split shot, and a #2 circle hook for walleye.

jimi changa

« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2011, 07:01 PM »
have you guys used those glow slip bobbers for night fishing?

Yes & they are very good for quite some time, meaning hours. Also I've used 2 different lighted bobbers
1.Blue Fox Firefly Lighted Floats
2.Night Bobby "Torpedo"

Very cool at night.
     As a matter of fact every time I'd fish Oneida Lake, there is an older fella there who always remembers me because of the Blue Fox bobber.
 He would say to me; "you're the guy with that light up bobber"

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Another vote for the Thill floats, I've yet to find another float that shows up as well at night !  :thumbup_smilie:

TheDL

« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2011, 12:17 PM »
I've never tried a slip bobber, but I actually "rescued" a few from a marshy area recently.  I'm wondering how you go about rigging it, what do you do to keep the line from slipping though the float endlessly when a fish pulls?  ???
tight lines....

surflizard

« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 2011, 12:26 PM »
The slip bobber kits come with a pretied slip knot that is tied onto a hollow plastic tube. You thread the fishing line thru the tube, slide the knot off the tube and cinch it down tight on the line and trim the ends. you can adjust the depth of the bobber location by sliding the slip knot up or down on the line. the knot also feeds thru the rod eyes unimpeded so you can reel in right up to the hook if needed. the bobbers have a hollow center for threading the line thru also. It makes a Huge difference in casting distance too !!

TheDL

« Reply #14 on: Jun 11, 2011, 12:29 PM »
thanks surflizard, I figured there might have been a piece I'm missing. anyone got a DIY solution for bobber stop?
tight lines....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.