FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Time to replace my 20 yr old locator,any1 have a Garmin Striker plus 4 or 4cv  (Read 1279 times)

charlys1954

Retired last yr got more time on my hands to fish so going to replace my ancient Eagle Fish I.D. II, bought it new about 20 yrs ago.

There are so many to choose from its mind boggling, been up all night/mourning researching the Garmin Striker series. Any1 have a Garmin Striker Plus 4 or Garmin Striker Plus 4cv. I kind of narrowed it down to those 2 cause bigger screens and quickdraw contour mapping. I liked the standard Garmin Striker 4 since it has a flasher but then I would have to spend more to get the icefishing transducer plus its a smaller screen.

The garmin brand got my attention cause of the GPS mapping part, not really research any other brands there's just to many. Would like to have side view but to pricey.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

charlys1954

guess no one who's read this has one of these locators, so I'll call Garmin Monday and ask them question. The Striker Plus 4 is not a bad price at $139, the Plus 4cv is $179 guess it has a different transducer from what I read.

greensider

Just came back here since fall I have one and really like it

billyex99

Not sure if this is an option for you, but I have a Garmin Echo 551DV that came with my boat. I cut the transducer cable with my trolling motor bracket and decided to update to one with maps. If you wanted to buy a new transducer (which is around a $100) or try to repair the cut one, I would give it to you. I live in Rochester.

gotagetm

i use hummingbird have buddies that use garmin and really like them,ive allways had hummingbird so i stick with them have a older787 c2 gps on a boat and a helix 7 gps with side scanning on another i like them both ide like to go to a bigger screen have to save for that

charlys1954

Not sure if this is an option for you, but I have a Garmin Echo 551DV that came with my boat. I cut the transducer cable with my trolling motor bracket and decided to update to one with maps. If you wanted to buy a new transducer (which is around a $100) or try to repair the cut one, I would give it to you. I live in Rochester.

Hey tks I appreciate it, sent you a PM.

Tim Bur

Retired last yr got more time on my hands to fish so going to replace my ancient Eagle Fish I.D. II, bought it new about 20 yrs ago.

There are so many to choose from its mind boggling, been up all night/mourning researching the Garmin Striker series. Any1 have a Garmin Striker Plus 4 or Garmin Striker Plus 4cv. I kind of narrowed it down to those 2 cause bigger screens and quickdraw contour mapping. I liked the standard Garmin Striker 4 since it has a flasher but then I would have to spend more to get the icefishing transducer plus its a smaller screen.

The garmin brand got my attention cause of the GPS mapping part, not really research any other brands there's just to many. Would like to have side view but to pricey.
I just got a Garmin Stricker 4 CV, refurbished by Garmin, full warranty, for about $109.00, this January.  I have only used it about four times ice fishing. I had to make a mount similar to the Garmin side scan, where the transducer pivots and straightens under the hole, because the transducer is quite wide and needs to be horizontal under the water

The flasher works great( can see small jigs flashing and fish flashing), the traditional works great( small jig leaves a nice trail and can see fish coming off the bottom to lure. Both flasher and trad. give a nice fish alarm when this happens), but the CV on mine might be defective. I played in every direction with the contrast and brightness, get a good basic image, but can't see my minnow or jig. Lots of color settings zoom works good. Can split screen traditional with flasher, which is nice. My first Fish finder. For the money I did ok, but have the warranty and might see what they can do for the CV. You can Google refurbished Garmins. They have a tone of stuff, from Garmin refurbished sight.

Tim Bur

Portable Box and on Big Maple

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.