FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bringing Back Memories  (Read 5986 times)

BOOB

Bringing Back Memories
« on: Jun 22, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Last week decided to grab the pole and go to a meadow sping hole that my Dad showed me 38 years ago. The beaver dams bigger, the alders are thicker but the sweet smell is the same. I step up 8 feet from the bank as Dad taught me bait up no weight son I hear in the back of my mind. Cast , wait , Nibble let it get below the chub I hear in the back of my mind. Bam keep the tip up I hear in the back of my mind.I look back in time and see the alder pole he cut me that evening, the smell of woods men fly dope and days work. And hear his praise of thats how to play him. As I come back to see a nice 14 in. brookie laying at my feet. And thats the way it went for more than an hour and 25 trout later. Me the tough guy left that place with tears in my eyes. I headed for Dads house with 5 nice ones. Walked in and handed them to him. He took one look at them and then at me and said spring hole with tears in his eyes. All I could do is shake my head. You see Dad is 76 years old and had heart surgury 2 months ago. And going for more surgury tomorrow. He says by August he will be fishing and 4 wheeling again. He gave us 6 kids everything and asked for nothing . We were far from rich money wise. But rich in out door life and how to do it and use it. But mostly in love for family. The whole family will be with him tomorrow all 26 of us . And I ask that you friends be with us in spirit. Before I left his place  I thanked him for showing that spring hole so many summers ago. I love my Dad so much. Thanks for letting me bend MMF ears !!!

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Bringing Back Memories
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Hey bud that's what we are here for my families thoughts are with your father and your family. I hope all goes well.I feel for you bud

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2004, 04:13 PM »
That was a nice story BOOB.  Very vividly described.  I could picture myself there in the tall meadow grass next to that alder thicket watching you and your Dad trout fishin' your spring hole with handmade cane poles!  Great times and wonderful memories.

Hope all goes well with the surgery today.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you face this ordeal.

Keep us posted...

BOOB

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Great news Dad came threw the operation just fine.  The doc said because of all his snowoeshoing this past winter contributes to his toughness to servive these operations and heals quickly for 76 yrs old. Looks like he will be coming home in 5 or 6 days. Bye the way he had an anurysm the size of a golf ball in his artery to his heart from his stomach area. But its all taken care of now. A BIG heart felt thanks to those of you who thought about us today. When I left there tonight he said with slight smile threw the pain i'm almost  ready to come home . Thanks again MFF !!!!!

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2004, 06:42 PM »
BooB glad to hear that your dad came through the surgery ok. I will pray for his speedy recovery. While he was in surgery my family was at the funeral home saying our goodbyes to my mother in law. Its all part of what we call life. Give him my best wishes.
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2004, 05:45 PM »
BOOB That is truly great to hear.Glad the surgery was a success thanks for updating us!! Take care of the old man eh. ;) :)

BOOB

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2004, 08:39 PM »
bobberstop so sorry to hear of your loss. Our family will be thinking of your family tonight and  prayer for all of you. take care

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Bobberstop I'm sorry about your loss my family's condolences to you and your wife.

fozsey

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2004, 10:32 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Mother in Law Ron. Hope all is well with your wife and her family.

Great story Boob and I also pray for a speedy recovery.

fastribs85

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2004, 08:52 PM »
hey man its almost august sorry i missed this post a ewhile ago my little brother has a bad heart and there is a cmp i go help out every year se post making luress for special kids but anyway its getting closer to august hows your dad doing
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.