FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Recent boat modifications  (Read 1344 times)

Lundin-loading

Recent boat modifications
« on: Jul 18, 2019, 10:19 PM »
I've got an aluminum Triton, it's a dual console walk through windshield boat that I absolutely love. However, recently I've been craving some extra room for activities. This same boat came in a single console model so I set about converting mine

Here she is in un-modified form

Step 1 remove windshield and passenger console...look at all that space

I loved the new layout, but it just had an incomplete look to it without some kind of windshield. I tried unsuccessfully to find a factory windshield but came up empty handed. I knew I'd have to build something. I'm super cheap and didn't want to buy Plexi or lexan just to destroy it while trying to bend my shape so I set about using up the random fiberglass supplies I'd built up over the years

I used the factory glass for the mold, this is more a wind diverter than a windshield as I will look over it and not be able to see through it

Popped out the mold worked perfect and this side will require zero body work

I had to add a corner to the one side, this was a pain in the a$$ but worked out in the end

Trimmed the edges and checked the fit

Next I painted it red to match the boat hull. Instead of trying to use glass to build the lip for the mounting I used aluminum brackets

I used heavy weather stripping between the console and the new windblock and bolted her all down, after touching up the brackets with some red to make things blend

I had my wife set about making me a bunch of vinyl graphics to cover up the imperfections in the finish vs dealing with filler and general body work. Here she is in final form

Thanks for looking. Fun stuff, I've got about $20 into it and a solid week of puttering around in the garage and driveway.
Beauty

zwiggles

Re: Recent boat modifications
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2019, 10:33 PM »
Nicely done!

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Great work!  Thanks for sharing.

"So many activities!"

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2019, 12:54 PM »
Great work!  Thanks for sharing.

"So many activities!"
Is that a drill? No thats just my electric tooth brush!

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Is that a drill? No thats just my electric tooth brush!

Hahahah

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.