FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1475691 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #6435 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:19 AM »

Well done probie

zaphod4

« Reply #6436 on: Jul 14, 2019, 12:57 PM »
Fished of Lewis Point yesterday.Took us trolling around 6 hours to get our limit of eyes. But we did eventually get our 6th. Found fish stacked in the 24 to 27 fow range and had to pick through a lot that measured 14".Best of the limit was a nice fat 24"er.Best speed seemed to be around 1.2 mph. Used strictly worm harnesses. Perch color worked early. But we had to switch after the bite died and got our last two on purple and blue.
On a side note. On our way back home to Endicott the ball came out of the back of the truck doing 70 on the highway. Chains held for a bit whipping the boat back and forth. The chains broke and sent the boat 90degress through the passing lane and into an embankment. Luckily no other vehicles were involved and after some nice person pulled over to help. We were able to hook a chain to the trailer to pull it around. Hooked it back up and made it home.Could have been ugly had any other vehicles been involved. Gave me the shakes thinking about it laying in bed last night.

filetandrelease

« Reply #6437 on: Jul 14, 2019, 03:11 PM »
 Wow that’s scary , glad it worked out ,
 2 years ago heading for the ice I jumped my snowmobile trailer off the ball  , but I was going much slower ,

elrodalonzo

« Reply #6438 on: Jul 14, 2019, 03:15 PM »
zap
Nice job on the fishing.  Sorry about your luck on the return trip.  Most important thing is everything lost can be replaced.  It could always be worse.

jperch

« Reply #6439 on: Jul 14, 2019, 03:18 PM »
zaphod4, I am very glad to hear that nobody was injured, sounds very scary.  Can you explain what happened?  Do you mean that the trailer popped off of the ball?  Again, glad you are ok!

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #6440 on: Jul 15, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Zap glad everyone is ok. Never had a trailer come off before, always wondered how the chains would do at speed. Have forgot to plug the lights back in after dunking, and drove home without trailer lights before. Good job on the fish....

Helped a bud with a roof project this weekend, so no fishing for me. Stacking up some good karma points for the next outing.

FrankM

« Reply #6441 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:48 AM »
Reminds me of the old WKRP episode when Les Nessman said he never drove one of those trailer hitches before. Glad everything worked out OK.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

zaphod4

« Reply #6442 on: Jul 15, 2019, 12:41 PM »
Thanks everyone. It was pretty scary.Im thinking the cotter pin came out or broke and then the pin holding the hitch slowly came out.The boat started oscillating side to side and then the hitch came out of the back of the truck. Then swung hard back and forth with just the chains holding it to the truck. I didn't want to slam on the brakes so I pump them holding the truck straight as the boat started pulling the ass end of the truck back and forth. I didn't want to give up the forward force the truck had on the trailer. Then the chains broke and the boat took a 90 degree turn across the passing lane. Only damage is 2 dents in the bumper.One with trailer paint on it. Other than replacing the safety chains and the tongue wheel. There was no other damage.Well unless you count my underwear. 😄

reeleyz

« Reply #6443 on: Jul 15, 2019, 12:49 PM »
That sounds scary. Glad everything worked out okay and nobody got hurt.

Oh and nice job on the fish!

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #6444 on: Jul 15, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Zaphod4,  You were really lucky.  The boat could have went careening off the highway and hit something like the trees, a bridge abutment or rock cliffs if the road was cut through rocks. A friend of mine said he saw a boat come loose on 90, it when down into a ditch smashed into the bank and pieces went flying.  The boat was made from fiber glass. It was all over but the crying.  Lucky for them the boat did not hit another car.  Sounds like a episode of boat towing nightmares.   Good to hear no really bad damage was done.

zaphod4

« Reply #6445 on: Jul 15, 2019, 02:40 PM »
No doubt. About 15 years ago I had a trailer wheel seize up not 100yards from where we lost the boat. Tire came off knuckle and all. Went across the highway, down a hill and crossed the highway of opposite way traffic. Hit the guard rail and dented it. Again it was lucky as hell it didn't hit on coming traffic. Could have been deadly.

filetandrelease

« Reply #6446 on: Jul 16, 2019, 05:48 AM »
 Fished late afternoon to under a full moon , best buck tail bite  the three of us have had this year  with a couple sheep mixed in
Snag edged me out but I  made him work for it 😃

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #6447 on: Jul 16, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Had a blast Fred! What a beautiful evening out there.

Nice job findin em

wallyworld

« Reply #6448 on: Jul 16, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Good job 👏🏻 great pics !!

filetandrelease

« Reply #6449 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:30 AM »

Bobby couldn’t ask for better weather it was perfect

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com