FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation  (Read 7046 times)

boondox

Re: Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation
« Reply #30 on: Aug 19, 2016, 11:08 PM »
Would say Africa but not to safe to travel there.. then there is always australia to go after some of those pacific monsters down under..but carefully of great whites down under..  then there is even Hawaii for some Tunas and marlins etc.. do a Google see what you like the best??

monic20

« Reply #31 on: Aug 20, 2016, 07:57 AM »
I'm saving like crazy I gotta go with rock expeditions for my dream trip !!

conesusguy

« Reply #32 on: Aug 20, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm narrowed down to Cabo or south america.  Those species interest me the most.  Certainly time of year will change what is worth targeting, I just can't see a trip to Thailand for catfish, yes they are big fish of a lifetime, just not my style.  Belize is very tempting too.  Also, would kind of like to visit the pyramids down there.  After my trip I'm moving out to portland to explore the west.  A lot of bad stuff has happened to me in the past few months.  Last Tuesday somebody hit me on my motorcycle and knocked the hell out of me.  Then my girlfriend of 2 years left me while I was laying in a hospital bed.  SO, taking a long vacation then coming home and packing my jeep and heading west.  Need a new begining, and I'm still young enough with no kids that I can make it happen.  I've fished/hunted/experienced everything that our local wildlife and nature has to offer.  The west is calling.   Thanks so much for the suggestions, I knew I could count on you guys!

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: Aug 20, 2016, 01:41 PM »

Well CG enjoy yourself , and let us know how it goes and don't forget the pics ,
Bikes are replaceable , people aren't ,glad your ok

mudchuck

« Reply #34 on: Aug 20, 2016, 07:30 PM »
Hey consensusguy, wherever you may roam, there will be fish to be caught, enjoy your journey and so glad that motorcycle accident didn't knock you down and out. also, you'll cross paths with a better GF, and perhaps even one that likes fishing as much as oyu do and will accompany you on your journey.
Hope you catch lots of fish and memories with them!
Share some pics once in a while...
As for dream locations, a really monster Alaskan halibut would be interesting!

Chowdaire

« Reply #35 on: Aug 20, 2016, 08:05 PM »
d**n. Sorry to hear about your tough times of late, conesusguy. Everything changes and very often for the better although you can only see it looking back.

And Thailand is no place for someone in your situation. You'd never come back.

I made the move west after school when I sat around here for 8 months without being able to find a decent job. I went to Tempe, AZ, and absolutely loved it for 4 years before heading out to Asia. One thing though. It takes 6 months to settle in. It was the same for everyone I know who made the move. But if you make it past those first tough months it may just work out great. 3 buddies who followed me out didn't make it 6 months. The other 2 are still there and living amazingly well

Best of luck with everything.

conesusguy

« Reply #36 on: Sep 07, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Just came back from a week in Costa Rica! Fishing was awesome!! I can put you in touch with the captain that took me out if interested! Great crew, REALLY knows their stuff and lots of excitement, all for a decent price!
CR is extremely tourist friendly and the scenery is spectacular! Lots of other fun things to do and and see! Best trip I've ever been on!

Already planning for next year for Sailfish and Marlin!

😃

MK

Hey Jager, I'm looking to book a trip now.  You had suggested Costa Rica, your pictures are awesome, can you let me know who your guide was?  Thanks so much!

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #37 on: Sep 07, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Hey Jager, I'm looking to book a trip now.  You had suggested Costa Rica, your pictures are awesome, can you let me know who your guide was?  Thanks so much!

Here ya go Bro! Robert Gunselmen with CR Fish On guide service! Great guy! He's from the U.S. and really knows his stuff! Best of luck on your trip! Jealous! :-)

http://www.crfishon.com

MK

conesusguy

« Reply #38 on: Sep 09, 2016, 01:54 PM »
Thanks guys, so much for the suggestions and good wishes.  Truly appreciate them all. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #39 on: Sep 11, 2016, 04:48 PM »
Thanks guys, so much for the suggestions and good wishes.  Truly appreciate them all. 

Best of luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.