FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation  (Read 7045 times)

conesusguy

Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation
« on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:50 PM »
Just looking for some ideas, I've been working really hard the last few years (independent contractor) and I am looking to take a long vacation.  I inherited a bit of cash recently and am looking for ideas as where to go.  I like the idea of tarpon and snook, but Florida isn't exactly exotic.  I would prefer a saltwater excursion.  I really only know about our freshwater species, so I thought I would ask some of you guys.  I know there are a lot of older experienced guys on here who can point me in the right direction.  Also, I'm 33 and single, so also preferably somewhere with beautiful ladies  :D, and something cool to tour.  Thanks ahead of time. 

Mac Attack

Re: Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2016, 09:35 PM »
This place works very hard for your money.
Great fishing and Belize rocks.

http://actionbelize.com/

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:19 AM »
   Right now Rio is rocking!   :sick: :flag:

mcully

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:43 AM »
Costa Rica. Go to the Montauk sport fishing page and contact Gene Kelly.

Google "Karen Weaver white marlin" cool pictures of a friends once in a million lifetime catches. I've fished out of Montauk on Karen and her husband Bobs boat a few times.

ship of fools

« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2016, 10:05 AM »
If it was me i would do a long range tuna trip out of San Diego. They have trips up to 17 days and they go catch 200 lb tuna regularly  8)

I spent 8 days down in the Everglades fishing for tarpon and snook a year ago this time and it was HOT but so was the fishing. We landed tons of tarpon and snook and managed to hook a 100 plus pound poon and a couple of 25 plus pound snook but they proved why mangrove trees and fishing line don't mix well  :o

Other ideas would be Cabo San Lucas or Hawaii for Marlin, Costa Rica or down that way for Sailfish and of course there is Alaska.

Want some company?  ;D

fishlessman

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2016, 10:55 AM »
cabo has most of the things your looking for ;D good fishing, bars, food, friendly women. would stay away from most of the touristy carribbean islands, they get boring after a few days

monic20

« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2016, 10:56 AM »
You want exotics do yourself a favor and look into papa New Guinea !!!or anywhere in That direction there catching gts!! Or known as giant trevali! Or couple of dogfish tunas and top it all off with a sweet looking Napoleon !!

conesusguy

« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2016, 11:03 AM »
Thanks fellas!  Keep em coming!

monic20

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2016, 11:04 AM »
I modified my first post thanks

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2016, 04:32 PM »
Just came back from a week in Costa Rica! Fishing was awesome!! I can put you in touch with the captain that took me out if interested! Great crew, REALLY knows their stuff and lots of excitement, all for a decent price!
CR is extremely tourist friendly and the scenery is spectacular! Lots of other fun things to do and and see! Best trip I've ever been on!

Already planning for next year for Sailfish and Marlin!

😃

MK

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2016, 04:38 PM »
Looks like you healed up pretty good Mike... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2016, 04:40 PM »
Looks like you healed up pretty good Mike... ;)

Feeling good Dom, thanks! Don't know what's more satisfying, a brand new fully functioning shoulder or knocking the Wahoo off the Bucket List! Lol! Hope you're well Brother! :-)

MK

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Aug 17, 2016, 05:49 PM »
Roosterfish, wahoo and jacks Mike?  Looks like you've been busy!

Also for the OP:

http://www.zancudolodge.com/

I spoke to the owners years back while attending a trade show, legit guys, knew there stuff and very flexible with where and how you can fish.  I haven't made it down yet but I will soon!

Chowdaire

« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Multi day Marlin trip off of Phuket, Thailand. Boat over to the Maldives. Awesome

I've been all over the world. There's nothing even in the ballpark for a single guy. Although the actual fishing probably isn't the best.

O

« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:07 PM »
I'm anxious to go to Cuba, supposed to be some great flats fishing for bonefish, and im sure all the saltwater species. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.