FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Striper  (Read 1967 times)

joefishmore

Striper
« on: May 19, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Got a small 1 today.  Posted this just because hasn't been much on here.

seamonkey84

Re: Striper
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Cool, good to hear they are showing up. I might actually go after them this year, it’s been at least 10 years since I’ve fished the salt lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

woodchip1

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 09:17 AM »
Stripers just like cod,  they punish rod and reel no more good eating size. just the one that have gotten older and have built up of Heavy metals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joefishmore

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 05:27 PM »
I don't like the taste of fish so I toss them back.

seamonkey84

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 08:35 PM »
I don't like the taste of fish so I toss them back.
Me too, I don’t keep many fish at all. But by request of family members, I’ve been keeping more, just selective of the species I keep. Mostly invasive species and culled togue from Sebago have been brought home.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

caught_the_fever

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 08:18 PM »
Had a few moments this evening and hooked into one myself.  This is as early as I can recall catching a spring fish where I was - I'm sure today's heat helped that cause but I'm hopeful this is a positive sign. 

joefishmore

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 08:15 AM »
The one I caught  was fromshore and haven't had a chance to get back but hope to get my boat out on the water next week.

caught_the_fever

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 12:43 PM »
The one I caught  was fromshore and haven't had a chance to get back but hope to get my boat out on the water next week.

Mine from shore as well.  Having a boat should get you into a lot more fish.   Let's hope for a good run this year!    Would love to see the return of the fall run - haven't experienced that in 7-8 years and this used to be when I'd catch most of my stripers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.