FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: More X-Files  (Read 18768 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
More X-Files
« on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:49 PM »
This may be a subject that applies to night fishers mostly, but perhaps not. Have any of you ever been out at night or whenever and got the he-be-jeebes crawling up and down your spine. I have, and I can blame it on to many late night road trips listening to Art Bell. All those UFO abducts catfisherman stories and the ghosts that you can hear if you turn up your tape recorder and listen to the static stories. How about this your sitting out on the river late at night. It's summer and it just happens to be the middle of a rabies pandemic. You dose off and start to dream that there is a raccoon licking you face. You startle and there is a raccoon at your feet eating your cutbait. If you ever where abducted how would you know? Once I was sitting out late at night fishing when a bright light came in low straight at me I was frozen in place as it drew closer and closer dead on it kept coming. The light was right in my eyes when I realized that it was a medivac helecopter going to a hospital about a half mile up the mountain behind me. There has got to be better stories than my lame *** examples. I want to be afraid to go out at night again.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Trophy Hunter639

Re: X-Files
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:54 PM »
I do alot of fishing after dark for channel cats and I can relate to getting that cold chill up your spine !

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2004, 08:30 PM »
what girls...lol j/k ;D ::)

madbomber

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2004, 08:40 PM »
you guys dont even have to go outside-just look under your bed-or in your closet.I should let my 5 year old respond to this one.............just kidding  ;)
MADBOMBER

Polar

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Pass it over......... ;D

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2004, 09:31 PM »
You guys must not fish alone after dark ;D

peple of the perch

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2004, 10:15 PM »
i only like fishing after dark if we have a lanters and i am with a couple of people

peple of the perch

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2004, 04:03 PM »
i have a friend that was nightfishing and a giant beaver made a big splash in front of him near the shore. he doesnt really go fishing after dark that much any more

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2004, 04:09 PM »
I've never gotten that eeeeerie feeling while fishing at night, but hunting coyotes at night can be scary as hell!

-Zach

Bartman44

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2004, 05:25 PM »
I wear night vision goggles when fishing at night so there's nothing to be scared about.

Actually, I'm just pulling your leg but wouldn't that be cool.   

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2004, 05:28 PM »
i saw this episode of unsolved mysteries where these guys in canada got abducted when they were camping by a lake. Called Alagash Abductions (sp).

Well, after I saw that a few weeks later, I was fishing a lake miles from civilization (when I say miles, I mean like 40 or so) and there is supposed to be NO air traffic. Well, For some, unknown reason, a helicopter flew maybe 20 FEET over the lake's surface, and when I saw the lights coming for me (green ones in the windows) I almost pi**ed my pants.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:09 PM »
I do believe there was an x-files episode involving Lake George.  A UFO crashing into the lake or something like that.  Does anybody know about that one?  Fishing after dark can be spooooooooky!  Last fall a large barn owl came real close to me swooping down from a tree at night.  That got the blood pressure up a bit.  I do a lot of night fishing though cause it's quiet and in the fall when the days get short it's the only time I can fish with this dang job and all.
  I think it was Sacandaga or Great Sacandaga...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

devil-man

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2004, 07:02 PM »
I too have seen some wierd things fishing at night. It's kind of cool, I think.
The next day I just blame it on the case of beer and smokes!

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2004, 07:33 PM »
i have a friend that was nightfishing and a giant beaver made a big splash in front of him near the shore. he doesnt really go fishing after dark that much any more

I swear those beavers will be the death of me. My heart doesn't come back to normal pace for at least 15 minutes after they flop. DARN THINGS, I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT. :)
Harold

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #14 on: Apr 13, 2004, 11:53 PM »
I know exactly what you're saying about the beavers. I used to fish close to a river bridge and late at night there would come the giagantic splash!! I thought for years that it was some wise a** es tossing stones over the bridge at me. Later I finally realized the truth that it was Mister Beaver.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.