MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Trolling

trolling question?

<< < (5/5)

TJ:

--- Quote from: icefishnfool on Sep 08, 2004, 06:19 PM ---this is no crap.........I have 1579 rapalas........I thought I was the unofficial Rapala junkie. ;D ;D.......my boat is a 16 foot super shad rap ......well Tracker Super Guide ;D ;DI love them Rapalas :o :o

--- End quote ---

Wow, you are the man!!! I love Raps too, gone through what you own I am sure!
But I have been getting into the ReefRunners, Lil rippers, deep Lil rippers
and the big deep diving ReefRunners. On Fireline - 10/4, they dive fast and deep
and if your marking fish, the strikes are hard! The action of these lures is tight and thump, thump, thump.
Manns stretch 10s and 20s have a place on the water, as do Thundersticks and wally divers,
but Raps and Reefrunners seem to out produce them all.
Has any one tried the Nitro shinners on a regular basis?

slim slinger:
Last year i only had one downrigger when i was trolling for salmon and my girlfriend doesnt like riggers (because its boring she says?) so i rigged her up a three way swivel to troll with and she caught just as many as i did. Line counter did help and when she let her line out i told her to count and when she found the right depth she would count to the same number everytime.

hopefully tis may help...
also i've used steel line for lakers

Slim

Fisher50:
Snap weights are another way to get depth.  There are published charts that tell you how deep various lures run, based on distance behind the boat. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version