FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Has Anyone Had Any Luck Lately?  (Read 14518 times)

jbuss79

Re: Has Anyone Had Any Luck Lately?
« Reply #15 on: Jun 19, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Slow Death for Rainbow Trout....who knew? I sure didn't. Took a belated Fathers Day trip up to CSP at Center Lake yesterday and after realizing I left most all of my spinners and trolling stuff in the pick-up, I decided to try some slow death spinners I made. Caught 12 rainbow in about 3 hours. 2 were over 15". Only kept 1 big one that got hooked deep. He was right at 15 1/2". It was beautiful yesterday, love that lake. Hope it's so quiet on the board because everyone is out catching "the wall-hanger".

KingCat

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Nice work! I've not been on a boat at Center, is it electric only, no wake?

jgouldin

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Has anyone been catching any fish down at angy??  I am headed there this weekend and have not been there yet this year.

jbuss79

« Reply #18 on: Jun 21, 2012, 06:08 PM »
@KingCat- It is no wake. My pops has a little gas motor but we opted to drift with the wind and "troll" that way. Worked pretty well.

@jgouldin- Angie has been slow lately. All the Walleye we caught or that people I know have caught have been under 15". Jigging minnows still seems to be the best. Smallies and Crappie were biting there late last week on jigs. Good luck.

jgouldin

« Reply #19 on: Jun 23, 2012, 10:11 PM »
Well went to angy today and had a good day all in all we caught 32 walleyes and kept our 4 person limit average about 17 or 18in with all four overs about 22 also put 2 overs back in the water.  Fished from 7 to 24 feet of water and caught fish at all depths also all day long from 7 to 3.

KingCat

« Reply #20 on: Jun 26, 2012, 01:04 PM »
NICE!

jgouldin

« Reply #21 on: Jun 29, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Well headed to angy again in the morning to see if light will strike twice i can only hope!!

black hills tj

« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Well headed to angy again in the morning to see if light will strike twice i can only hope!!

How'd it go?

jgouldin

« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2012, 11:34 PM »
Angy was very good to us again!!  We caught 30 walleyes only kept 12.  The 12 included 4 overs two that were 25in. (both were not going to live) and  the rest averaged like 17in.  We also released six overs today one that was over 27in and weighed 7lb 5oz and two other 25in.  We focused on shallow water today 6 to 11ft.  I will post a pic of the 27when i get it downloaded.

black hills tj

« Reply #24 on: Jun 30, 2012, 11:42 PM »
Sounds like one hell of a day Gouldin.  I've honestly only fished for Walleyes once. 

jgouldin

« Reply #25 on: Jul 01, 2012, 08:44 AM »
27 in 7lb 5oz

The two 25in that we kept.

black hills tj

« Reply #26 on: Jul 01, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Quite impressive!  What's the secret :P

jgouldin

« Reply #27 on: Jul 01, 2012, 11:10 AM »
I really dont know i think really lucky!!  That was the most over 20's i have ever caught in one day.  The only thing i can think of is getting away from the crowds at angy.  Find fish that dont see a million lures or baits a day.  All fish have had empty belly's and hungry.

black hills tj

« Reply #28 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:47 PM »
Nice work, Gouldin.  I'll be camping at Sheridan this weekend, so hopefully between campfire "activities" and skiing, I'll bring in a good sized pike or something cool.

KingCat

« Reply #29 on: Jul 06, 2012, 01:50 PM »
i'm headed to camp at Stormin' Orman, finally have a weekend free. got the slow death hooks tied up so will be drifting here there and everywhere, hope the mighty Orman weather stays low. went out on the 4th and caught a bunch of small eyes on crawlers, may run some cranks this weekend and hope for bigger fish. Good luck y'alL!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.