FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Has Anyone Had Any Luck Lately?  (Read 14515 times)

jgouldin

Re: Has Anyone Had Any Luck Lately?
« Reply #45 on: Jul 27, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Have not been to orman in the last month but do let me know how you do.  Sounds like you did pretty good up at Roy lake congrats!!

jbuss79

« Reply #46 on: Aug 21, 2012, 11:43 AM »
It was a tale of two days for sure. It was the best of fishing, it was the worst of fishing. So Friday a buddy from work and I took a quick little impromptu run out to New Underwood and fished most of the late morning and early afternoon and caught a bunch of perch and bass between the two of us. A few of the perch were pretty decent. He caught a very nice 15" or 16" Largemouth. I caught a 13" Largemouth on my final cast. Didn't keep anything bu had a great time. Saturday I decided to take my little guy (aka The Bluegill Whisperer) out. We started at Sheridan. This proved to be a mistake. The lake is kind of a mess. No docks along 385, a ton of boats and party-goers on the water and along shore, and not one bite. The boy broke his new fishing rod in half when he got snagged up and was devastated most of the day. We ran down the road to Pactola and didn't even manage a bite there either. Actually, the water level at Pac has gotten kind of low. Hoping with some cooler weather, things pick up a bit. Seems as if it's a little slow for everyone.

KingCat

« Reply #47 on: Aug 21, 2012, 02:27 PM »
i really haven't heard any reports lately, other than trout in the streams up here by Deadwood. i'm thinking things should be picking up soon... or i hope. And then there's always ice fishing  ;D

sorry to hear about the whisperer's rod, hope you got him a new one!

black hills tj

« Reply #48 on: Aug 24, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Bummer on the rod.  I guess that's the only good thing about Scheel's rods...if you spend the cash to afford their million dollar pricetag for what they are, they'll replace them without any questions.  What rod did he have that broke in half when he was snagged?  I've bent rods completely over and none of them have let go yet.  To include...various Ugly Stiks, a Pfleuger rod, a Fenwick, a Scheels brand rod...

What do you mean by no docks along 385 at Sheridan?

The fish are always biting at Sheridan and Pactola...you just have to find them :)  Bigger lakes mean bigger fish, but more room for them to hide.

KingCat

« Reply #49 on: Aug 24, 2012, 03:41 PM »
how do you post pictures on this thing?

black hills tj

« Reply #50 on: Aug 24, 2012, 10:37 PM »
how do you post pictures on this thing?

I use photobucket and just copy the image code

KingCat

« Reply #51 on: Aug 27, 2012, 11:49 AM »
fished a couple hours yesterday. trolling motor crapped out so just drifted and really didn't pay a lot of attention to fishing. played cards and drank rum. did catch one small fish, sounded like fishing has been decent still. water is pretty low.

jbuss79

« Reply #52 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:32 PM »
@TJ- I have 2 rods for him and I actually bought him Zebco 101's. At $9.99 for the combo, we can afford to break one or two. His feelings were hurt worse than the rod I think. The dock thing: When we were there last the docks along 385 were out of the water and they had the whole lot blocked off. There was a backhoe sitting there and they had orange barrier out in the water. I imagine they were trying to make some kind of improvements. Haven't really gotten out much lately. Used my float tube to fly-fish and got a couple decent and one really nice rainbow at Canyon Lake last week. Yesterday after an ambulance shift I stopped quick and fished Lakota. Perch were all over and feeding quite a bit. I had limited gear and was after a Northern. Got hit once pretty hard but that was it. Didn't have much time. Hot the next few days. Going to wait for a little cool down before I go back out.

jbuss79

« Reply #53 on: Nov 06, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Went out Sunday and I'm not sure which was worse: the fishing or the weather. Hit Stockade and never got a single bite. Tried several different presentations and moved all over the lake. After we left we stopped by Lakota to see what was happening there. Nada there either. It was fun hanging out with Dad though, and even though the fishing and the weather was terrible it was still better than what I could have been doing. Going to put the casting stuff "away" for the winter. Unless some very compelling opportunity comes along, I think I'll stick to the fly-rod until hard water shows up.

jbuss79

« Reply #54 on: Dec 02, 2012, 12:46 PM »
The "Bluegill Hunter" had himself a good day yesterday. A couple little perch and this pig on a Northland #07 Bro's Mealworm under a slip bobber. He got the big guy all by himself with the exception of me netting it. We turned it loose to maybe catch him through the ice later on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.