FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: M city perch  (Read 1918 times)

PEARCHEYES

M city perch
« on: Sep 22, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Can't get away just wondering who's going to give it a go this weekend

kesdadddy7597

Re: M city perch
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Went out on a charter on Erie yesterday. Our boat got them going late, but ended up with a 6 man limit and some bonus fish from the captain and mate!

tater140

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2017, 01:02 PM »
We have been over there a few times this year.   Yes the size is def. a notch bigger then last year (which was my first time perching on Erie).  I would love to get back there a time or two this year yet, but work is busy and a family trip coming up may force me into late Oct. for a trip and that starts to get into the better part of bow season.  Will have to wait and see what happens.  But if you get a chance get over there and get into em.  The head-boats out of Port Clinton are not all that expensive if you don't have your own boat.  Charters are always awesome as well, all of those captains do a good job putting you on the bite.

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Saw one boat out in front of Mt. Baldy yesterday evening. Looked o be a fishing boat when it came in at dark.

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2017, 01:16 PM »
everyone i know, that fish the big waters, are on Erie.  they say they are sorting out 8"ers.  one boat had 128 the other had 91 @ 8-12". this is uncommon from what i remember about Erie perch but i seen the pics. times they mite be a changing over there!  :-\   could be worth two days of my life next year? lol  time will tell i guess.

That's what I am reading in the dnr reports waiting for them to pull in to the shallows is killing me!! easy  for me to catch them then..  from what I read is they were in 15 to 17 foot of water before the warm spell and moved out 17 to 24 foot of water might be deeper this week..  any how a cold spell is coming threw starting Wednesday.. the front is a north west and north east strong wind front..  that should pushow fish in closer.. 

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2017, 05:09 PM »
28ft was the word yesterday boon.

That figures with this heat..  starting thursday a cold spell is coming in so it should move the fish close In. It a four day cold front so you know what I mean.. heard fish in the 18 to 24 inch range being caught to..  if you do go out there minnows got to get minnows before you get their...  the areas around sterling st park is out out of minnows or have been..  lots of boats to and ramps and parking is full cause of the fishing word is getting around.. dnr suggest parking at other ramps etc..

libo

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2017, 09:43 AM »
18 to 24" perch!!!!, pictures please.

boondox

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2017, 03:21 PM »
18 to 24" perch!!!!, pictures please.

Think it got mixed up with a walleye report lols..

tater140

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2017, 07:11 AM »
That would make more sense

boondox

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Here is what I am seeing was down at erie metro park today!# waters to warm for shore fishing there lots and lots boats perching bottom line bait and tackle has minnow gold eyes  perch minnows.. for those who need bait..  any how managed a few bass up at Elisabeth park in Trenton and a bass at erie metro park marina..  thinking just like the guy at bottom line said there getting fish it on cretin days as it coold off.. the end of octOber get closer the perch will come in to the shallows and spawn but for right now water to warm for that.. tried getting leaches for walleye they were out at the bait store said ended out getting bass on worms and minnows .. any how going to keep trying till we hit them good.. this was just a fact finding mission..  its what we were up to..  now we're sure it to warm we are still waiting for shallow spawning fish.. to fish from shore tI'll then I will keep you posted on michigan fishing..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.