FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OT Where you in the storm?  (Read 956 times)

stripernut

OT Where you in the storm?
« on: Aug 04, 2015, 05:52 PM »
I was in Southern Hubbardston near where they think a tornado may of touched down... The hail was impressive and covered the ground white... Quite the show! Just before it hit we were standing outside listening to the constant thunder for at least a full minute! The worst part was my camera was in my fishing bag, would have made for some great shots... When the hail started hitting the pond, the splashes were huge/high, glad I was not out in a boat!!!!

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Re: OT Where you in the storm?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Ground was covered white in Clinton and Lancaster with good sized hail. Sounded like someone was dumping rocks all over my truck. Rained so hard the streets were an instant river.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:17 AM »
I was at work, lost power..systems crashed..power came back on around 8 pm..took to midnight to restore the network/servers

my yard was a mess when I got home, covered in leaves/branches

Nugget hop vine was on the ground..arrgghh

burp
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

200fisher

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2015, 09:09 AM »

I was in the Kittery Trading Post when the storm hit. It was fierce and produced golf ball sized hail. As the hail hit the roof and skylites, and the wind roared, it sounded like the end of the world :o! It really was quite frightening. When it was over, people returned to the parking lot to discover that every vehicle in the lot had dozens upon dozens upon dozens of dents from the hail. My BRAND SPANKING NEW Toyota 4Runner has nearly 100 dents :'(! Everyone was inspecting their vehicles in shock and bewilderment. It was quite a scene! Unless your vehicle was under cover, there was no escape from the hail. There must be tens of thousands of vehicles in the area that were damaged. Thankfully, I have heard of no injuries.
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2015, 05:30 PM »
I was in a work van parked in a lot. We had some hail to about 3/8 of a inch and some wind not that much rain .65 in about ten minutes. Next town over got hit pretty good.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.