FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake  (Read 27399 times)

thinice68

Re: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake
« Reply #45 on: Mar 22, 2010, 06:29 AM »
OK little help fellas.. going to take my son up to the lake tomorrow hopefully not only to fish but to catch. Any tips on where or how would be great. We dont keep our fish it is stricktly the fun of getting out and catching. We can do the minnow thing or throw small jigs.. just some pointers on where would help. Is the causeway at howard a good starting point.. or the beach area... dont know much about the spill way. Again thanks for your help.

John
hi john we fished the pier at lower greens run the kids done pretty good my son broke his ankle but was detrimed to fish guess its in his blood its easy to get to an nice for the kids.    Jake

psudukie1228

« Reply #46 on: Mar 23, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help. We will be giving it a try as soon as my work gives me the window to try and have fun with the kid not only fishing but hopefuly doing some catching. Good luck everyone.

J

john t.

« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Digger Don for john t.   Just to let everyone know we are down to the lake level of 620.25 and that is far down as we will be going.  Also it is uncertain at this time how long we will let it that way!  I would like to request a favor for everyone who ventures below the lake to fish the outlet & the gut  First off when you park please park at the top of the road in the designated area and not down the road towards the Sewage Treatment plant.  Also folks I have noticed and picked up several bags of TRASH & GARBAGE already!  The parking lot and outlet and gut are not LANDFILLS we do not have time to follow behind everyone!   Everyone is welcome to enjoy the fishing but please keep those areas cleaned up!  THE FISHING HAS BEEN EXCELENT - Good place to bring the kids.  THANKS GUY & LADIES and I'll be seeing and talking to everyone!   Yours in fishing           DON!

thinice68

« Reply #48 on: Mar 27, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Digger Don for john t.   Just to let everyone know we are down to the lake level of 620.25 and that is far down as we will be going.  Also it is uncertain at this time how long we will let it that way!  I would like to request a favor for everyone who ventures below the lake to fish the outlet & the gut  First off when you park please park at the top of the road in the designated area and not down the road towards the Sewage Treatment plant.  Also folks I have noticed and picked up several bags of TRASH & GARBAGE already!  The parking lot and outlet and gut are not LANDFILLS we do not have time to follow behind everyone!   Everyone is welcome to enjoy the fishing but please keep those areas cleaned up!  THE FISHING HAS BEEN EXCELENT - Good place to bring the kids.  THANKS GUY & LADIES and I'll be seeing and talking to everyone!   Yours in fishing           DON!
got to agree with ya digger this is jake im always picking up trash. the fishing line was allover to it makes a snare for the birds im shore no one wants to be caught in a snare so pick up the line to people im sick of seeing it an picking it up thanks for your help in trying to keep this great fishery clean an good fishing to all

crappie_rod

« Reply #49 on: Mar 27, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Any one fishing the road bed/ beach area? Is the road bed exposed yet? If not, how is the fishing below the dam. Supposed to be really nice next week. Might take a trip down?

liljigger

« Reply #50 on: Apr 02, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Fished on wed. Mar. 31st and did awesome below the dam...just ripped into crappies....just me and my buddy probly caught over 120 or so in less than 2 hours

cabst119

« Reply #51 on: Apr 04, 2010, 04:48 PM »
Went out on Sayers yesterday and it was the usual, bites about every cast.  Most fish were 8-9" but caught quite a few over 9" as well, but nothing over 10.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #52 on: Apr 04, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Yeah same here, mostly under 9 inches managed a few keepers also!

crappie_rod

« Reply #53 on: Apr 04, 2010, 07:51 PM »
In the lake or  the spillway.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #54 on: Apr 05, 2010, 05:40 AM »
I was on the lake.

poconosfisher2

« Reply #55 on: Apr 06, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Are you guys catching the crappies mainly in the morning or at night? i am thinking of heading out there to catch a few one of these days

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
« Reply #56 on: Apr 07, 2010, 07:23 PM »
Early morning mostly
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

IrishSlabHunter

• Reedsville, Pa
« Reply #57 on: Apr 07, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Digger Don or anyone else with some information....I see the lake level has been slowly going up for the last three days. Has the summer fill started or will the lake be lowered again ? There was a rumor of another draw down for more habitat improvement.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #58 on: Apr 07, 2010, 08:48 PM »
I think they said they are starting the summer fill this week..slowly

bjkaledas

« Reply #59 on: Apr 09, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Fished on wed. Mar. 31st and did awesome below the dam...just ripped into crappies....just me and my buddy probly caught over 120 or so in less than 2 hours

What is the best way to access the dam area?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.