FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake  (Read 27771 times)

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
Re: Foster Joseph Sayers Lake
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2010, 04:45 PM »
You can find Crappie almost anywhere in the lake. I haven't been there on the lake in a few weeks now, but I would assume the water temp is around 58-62 anyway or close. So, I would say as long as the weather is stable I'd fish toward shore. If you have a boat and fish finder they are easy to find. Fathead minnows and jigs are the main bait for crappie. Keep in mind that crappies feed up..so keep the bait just above them. When the bite is on somedays it doesn't hardly matter what color of jig you use..other days they can be snoopy..just like almost all fish...good luck

timmyturtle

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Thank you. Is there a certain time of day that is better than others? We were there during the afternoon and the most we got was a good tan.

Is it generally better to anchor somewhere or just troll the shore line and jig for them? I know during the day it is pretty windy on the lake and is really hard to stay anchored anywhere.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Generally morning and evening are good bets for a decent bite, but it can turn on at any time of day, and shut off too ::) you can even get a good night bite this time of year also and throughout summer. I usually don't anchor I use the wind and drift with it from school to school until I find some keepers anyway. Fish minnows and worms during the day on or near the bottom for perch also and maybe get the kids catching them also, they don't move around at night much they have poor night vision so they lay on bottom with their fins touching, but crappies have very good night vision. Good Luck!

timmyturtle

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Has anybody been having any recent luck at Sayers for anything? I haven't had a chance to go back yet but would like to try drifting for some catfish to and see if I can find anything there.

timmyturtle

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Made it to the lake today for about 2 hours to take the kids tubing for a little. We didn't get any fishing in today. We did count at least 20 dead smaller crappie's floating in the lake. I'm not too sure what is killing them but it was a bit disturbing. I would assume it is probably people hooking them and cutting the hook as opposed to something environmental, but I really don't know.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #80 on: Jun 01, 2010, 05:43 AM »
My wife and I went up Sunday evening  the 30th. and fished til about 11pm. We caught a million 8 1/2 inchers and only a few keepers but threw them back. She caught a real nice smallmouth close to 4 lbs anyway.

phyrbyrd87

« Reply #81 on: Jun 13, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I hit the water about 5am saturday, it was nice and calm, no one out yet. Only caught about 10 or so bass, mix of small and large mouth. I did manage to get 3 keepers between 16 and 20 though. I had to call it a day around 9 am but all in all not too bad for a season opener.

phyrbyrd87

« Reply #82 on: Jun 20, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Was out today from 5:15 am. to 12:30pm, between 2 of us we only managed to get 5 bass; 3 large, 1 small, 1 rock all between 6 and 12 ''. Horribly slow day, we didn't see anyone catch a thing, the guy i was with was out yesterday for a few hours and only got a blue gill. So for 10 hours of fishing for him he managed to get 1 blue gill.Even the carp weren't jumping around like they always do. I think we might be heading to lake hammond or rose valley if anyone has any reports for those.

builder

« Reply #83 on: Apr 24, 2011, 05:11 PM »
how has the crappie bite been lately. haven't been out since the last ice trip in march when the roadbed started up through the ice. would like to get out next sat or sun   

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #84 on: Apr 26, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Hi Builder, how are you? I haven't been out in the boat yet this year there. It's been absolutely terrible for  fishing weather this month! We've had well over 8 inches of rain so far and it's coming down again right now! We've been to the spillway a couple times and at the cut, but the bite was slow. Water is at summer pool level now and probably gonna go up after this storm. The way it seems they may as well just let it there now since May is almost here. I'm taking the boat to Raystown for Striper this weekend nut it's suppose to be nice finally so hopefully someone can report on the crappie bite here.

builder

« Reply #85 on: Apr 28, 2011, 01:09 PM »
i'm heading out saturday for the day. i'm gonna get some fatheads and anchor at the beach where i fished all winter and jig with my ice rods and vex and see what happens. i'll post results                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 builder

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #86 on: Apr 28, 2011, 07:35 PM »
I think I know that spot!  ;D   The water is up 6 more feet and still climbing the way it looks. 

builder

« Reply #87 on: Apr 29, 2011, 09:44 AM »
maybe i won't make it out afterall.

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #88 on: Apr 29, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Over 8 ft up above summer pool level and gonna hit 9 the way it looks, or close to it.   I'm goin for stripers  ;D

builder

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 05:02 PM »
gonna make it out this week for sure. any reports on the crappie fishing?                                                                                                                             

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.