FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42209 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #90 on: Aug 30, 2021, 10:00 AM »
Did a drive around this morning. Too wet to mow. Changed some signage then helped my Son do some much needed bunker maintenance.
First he line trims the edges vertically.

Then we go around by hand with sod knives and remove the overgrowth, hand rake and make it pretty.

He only let me help him with 5 bunkers. Took pity on the old man’s back.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #91 on: Sep 02, 2021, 06:40 PM »

Tee markers for this tournament. Course  looks amazing. Didn’t have time to take pics this morning. It was all hands on deck for the grand finale of the season. PGA Western New York Tournament.

Saw some really good golfers today. And….some really below average member golfers as well.

Mowing fairways tomorrow morning for the finishing rounds.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #92 on: Sep 17, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Finished mowing fairways this morning and the super asked if I’d take a ride around and empty the tee trash cans. I really don’t mind spending an hour or so riding the course.

Gave me a chance to stop and look at my work. I have to say, as a golfer and greenskeeper, that my fairways looked pretty darned good. If I was on the tee, I’d have a center line aim point. Very good visual.

Learned a lot from my Son this summer. That’s some real payback.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #93 on: Sep 22, 2021, 02:08 PM »
Well I graduated to mowing greens. My Son took me out on Monday and showed me the ropes. Took a few to get used to the equipment. But, he said overall I did a good job. Did greens again today and was way more comfortable. Pretty darned good lines, no skips and no scalps. He met up with me on 11 green after I sent him a pic of a cup plug that needed to be fixed. He said that I was looking like a pro.

He’s as fussy, if not fussier than me. Made me happy.

My Bride told me the other that she’s never seen me happier to go to work. I’d have to agree.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #94 on: Sep 22, 2021, 02:40 PM »
Some pics from an interesting day.
Resident herd

New guy buried the rough mower. Almost made it to the creek. That would have been fun.

Irrigation blowout yesterday. 6” line popped an old repair coupling  and pumped for a couple hours. That’s a 2” line to pump it out.

Fortunately, My son grabbed one of the kids to help him dig the hole. He said it blew out a cavern 5’ deep and 3’ around. They’ll deal with it in a few days after the rains quit. Gonna be a big hole to get at it. Can’t use the backhoe for the electrical lines that control the valves. Lots of hand digging for the boys. My Son loves that stuff.

Should have taught him better.

Saw 7 more deer earlier but I was in “auto pilot” on a green, so no pics.

gotagetm

« Reply #95 on: Sep 22, 2021, 10:38 PM »
I'm glad for you Bob ,sounds like your having a great time!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #96 on: Sep 23, 2021, 01:59 PM »
Thanks Ben. I am having fun. Only 2-3 weeks left in the season. But, I have a lot of toys and Christmas presents to make. Might even get to squeeze in some fishing.

gotagetm

« Reply #97 on: Sep 23, 2021, 03:24 PM »
My boys live in new Mexico, Texas and buffalo haven't seen all them together in 10 years ,but soon we're gonna get together probably January or so I'm paying for all flights to get everyone together, there pretty busy ,hard workers proud of them and I wish one of them worked with me but this work will destroy a body ( you seen me) hahaha and I couldn't put them through it   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #98 on: Sep 23, 2021, 03:26 PM »
Make it happen! You deserve it.

gotagetm

« Reply #99 on: Sep 23, 2021, 04:04 PM »
Ahh they deserve it!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #100 on: Sep 23, 2021, 04:08 PM »
You’re a good man Ben. The kids are lucky.

gotagetm

« Reply #101 on: Sep 23, 2021, 06:15 PM »
I'm lucky bob, ya know the feeling!

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #102 on: Sep 23, 2021, 07:22 PM »
My boys live in new Mexico, Texas and buffalo haven't seen all them together in 10 years ,but soon we're gonna get together probably January or so I'm paying for all flights to get everyone together, there pretty busy ,hard workers proud of them and I wish one of them worked with me but this work will destroy a body ( you seen me) hahaha and I couldn't put them through it

Nice, my boy don't want anything to do with construction, think he sees all my pains and wants something a bit easier, he's looking at electronic engineering, he'll do well at that

gotagetm

« Reply #103 on: Sep 23, 2021, 07:50 PM »
Yup mine same way , ones a chef(youngest) middle boy sells cars and oldest was in navy for 10 year chief helicopter electronic system and missle guidance now has a great job with Intel micro possessor couldn't be prouder!

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #104 on: Sep 23, 2021, 08:16 PM »
Nice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.