MFF US Northeast > New Hampshire
Haddock vs. Cod
<< < (2/4) > >>
Mikey:
Fresh haddock is my fave. After I skin it and freeze it i cant tell the diff.
AquaAssassin:
cod is god! I like the texture better, I like the fight better, and I like the fact that you can catch a 60 pounder and not just an 8 pounder. Plus they pound the snot out of jigs im not much of a bait guy. COD WINS!
PDubs/NH:
Geez...maybe Im not as crazy as I thought I was!!!   :laugh:

And, although you can slam a 60lber+, I have to say my favorite for eating are 10-20lbers. Nice big fillets and not as many worms as the whales, and a little better texture. JMO.

I've just had to deal with bags of haddock fillets where it was like a scene from Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs harvesting slime eels trying to get them cleaned and vac sealed....
CJiceaddict:

--- Quote from: AquaAssassin on Apr 13, 2010, 12:49 PM ---cod is god! I like the texture better, I like the fight better, and I like the fact that you can catch a 60 pounder and not just an 8 pounder. Plus they pound the snot out of jigs im not much of a bait guy. COD WINS!

--- End quote ---

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Not much of a bait hanger, can get pretty olf when their not bitin. At least when your swingin a jig, theres always something going on
bikrsrule:
another vote for the codfish dish, last longer in the freezer and a whole lot for fun catching a 50 pound cod that 10 lil 5 lb haddock...I too am a jig fan, we dont even carry bait on board unless someone really wants some.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version