FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150449 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2017
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2017, 06:53 AM »
Nah....just an old man with A.D.D. ;D

Gotta build a couple foot rests next. My Bride is only 5' nothing. Her feet don't reach the ground :rotflol: :rotflol:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

« Reply #16 on: Jul 16, 2017, 08:36 AM »
RG Beautiful job on the chairs.

It looks like you need to make some coasters so the sweat off the toddies do not stain the arms of the chairs. My problem with Adirondak chairs is I need some one around to help me out of them.

boondox

« Reply #17 on: Jul 16, 2017, 11:19 AM »
Rg chairs look great!! Have you seen any of the pallet wood furniture they make??  if you got unlimited supply of pallets might be a idea for you??

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Jul 16, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Rg chairs look great!! Have you seen any of the pallet wood furniture they make??  if you got unlimited supply of pallets might be a idea for you??

Too rough for my butt Boon. ;D

Tom, my Bride (who's 70 something) slides right out of them. The standard design has a depression in the seat. I made mine flat for just that reason.

I any event, my son and I gave them a good break in this afternoon. Toddies..........no worries. Fully functional arm rests.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

« Reply #19 on: Jul 16, 2017, 07:44 PM »
I am kinda like that woman in the adv.  I have fallen and I can not get up.

I have set in a few and could hardly get out. Dang worn out construction body. Bag chairs are not good on the back of my legs. I finally found one of the old foldup style lawn chairs that had the webbing except it is cloth. The bottom cross pieces on the legs are only 2 or 3 inches off the ground so it does not sink in only that far.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Jul 17, 2017, 05:39 AM »
There's actually a "Senior" design for an Adirondak chair. It sits more level and upright with legs to the ground rather than a side rail.

My son and I made full use of the new furniture between games pitching shoes yesterday. I picked up,another 9' umbrella on sale at Wally World and planted it between the chairs.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #21 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:54 AM »
I am kinda like that woman in the adv.  I have fallen and I can not get up.

I have set in a few and could hardly get out. Dang worn out construction body. Bag chairs are not good on the back of my legs. I finally found one of the old foldup style lawn chairs that had the webbing except it is cloth. The bottom cross pieces on the legs are only 2 or 3 inches off the ground so it does not sink in only that far.

I have the same problem visiting people out at the lake.
Donna and I are older than all of our neighbors.
And they all have those folding bag chairs you speak of.
Comfortable, but d**n near impossible to get up out of.
Especially after a few beers and sitting in one for a couple hours around a campfire.
I almost want to just tip over sideways onto the ground and then get up from the ground.
lol

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Jul 17, 2017, 04:02 PM »
That I'd like to see Mac :rotflol: :rotflol:

Whipped up a couple foot rests today for my Bride and I.

We're looking forward to many relaxing hours.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #23 on: Jul 17, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Those are beautiful, Bob.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jul 17, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Thanks.
You know me.....form follows function. I have to say, they're very comfortable.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #25 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:29 PM »

That I'd like to see Mac :rotflol: :rotflol:

Weebles wobble.

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jul 18, 2017, 07:40 AM »
You are kind of "Weebly" aren't you ;D

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #27 on: Jul 18, 2017, 09:32 AM »
yup

boondox

« Reply #28 on: Jul 18, 2017, 10:23 AM »
Too rough for my butt Boon.
Rg

Ya your right there on to rough for my butt to kinda like s.s.t. paper or super scratchy tissue paper.. lol's any how check out some of the projects like on pintrest etc.. there making bow, gun , rod racks etc out of pallet wood.. along with picture frames for that rustic look etc table legs and bases for coffe tables been trying to find time to make a shadow box coffe table with glass top.. the shadow box I am looking at would have thousands of individual compartments for fishing flies like if you go to a shop and look threw their box this would be the same but would have have a glass top above them..so you can view them.before opening  the lid... that and a drink-o plink game.. for the garage i slready got a clock for the fishing shop a neighbor made.. but still got to get s clock for the garage.. when I get the time I will make what I want..  till then plenty of fishing ahead of me..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Jul 18, 2017, 04:26 PM »
I've seen a lot of that kind of work. pretty cool repurposing of wasted materials.

I have an idea kicking around in my head for some  bird feeders. Right now, I'm hanging out in my new comfy chair having a cocktail. My Bride is at my Daughter's for a few days with my Grandson. So it's chicken on the Weber night. (She's not wild about chicken).

And...speaking of coasters.....I used to have a rosette  cutter for the drill press. Long gone now, but an idea springs to mind ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.