FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150429 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #555 on: Mar 31, 2019, 04:06 AM »
We plan on some good video. I'm almost done with the machine. Part of the last track to finish. En I'll do a video of it in operation. Lots of stuff going on there.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #556 on: Apr 02, 2019, 05:08 AM »
Cant wait to see this..
Wish i lived closer...... :-\
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #557 on: Apr 02, 2019, 04:38 PM »
It's almost there. Just want to have it run for 15 minutes or so without a glitch.

Took a break this morning and made a game for my official game tester. My friend's 6 year old daughter.

It's aactually a French bar game that was played with coins. May still be for all I know. This one is played with bits and pieces. The board is quartered and can be played many ways. Essentially, the die is tossed and a piece is placed in the corresponding numbered ring. The one to tip the board over loses.

I'm going to make quite a few of these for the craft shows.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #558 on: Apr 09, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Getting ready to move the "little wood shop" to its summer location. This weekend I'm gonna run another couple circuits out to the garage that will be dedicated for the saws and router table. Want to get the digging over with before the ground gets hard.

Rg

mr.clean

« Reply #559 on: Apr 27, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Rg/Bob, any updates on the marble machine or have you been spending your free time gardening. Also how did your game tester like the French bar game.
 Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #560 on: Apr 28, 2019, 04:58 PM »
The marble machine is complete. I haven't taken the final video yet, but I will. My little game taster, Grace, loved the last game. She took it to school doe "bring your favorite game" day and it was a big hit. I received a cute thank you note with a photo of them playing with it.

No yes, I've been busy getting the gardens going, moving the shop and fishing.

Rg

mr.clean

« Reply #561 on: Apr 28, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Thank you for the reply will keep a watch for video of the completed marble machine. Nice to hear the game was a hit with your tester friend and her classmates .
Steve

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #562 on: Jun 05, 2019, 04:54 AM »
Made a birdhouse for my son.

He's going to paint it up red and white and give it to his girlfriend's mom for her gardens.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #563 on: Jun 06, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Nice bird house Bob....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #564 on: Jun 06, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Thanks Dom. I'm thinking about builidng a bigger version next to attract swallows. We have a few around and they really go after the bugs.  Fun to watch them cruising around too. Although my Bluebirds don't like them in their territory. But then, they will harass anything in heir domain. Whatched the male beat the snot out of a red squirrel the other morning.

He nailed the squirrel a few times on the ground and chased it through the trees for a bit. Pretty cool.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #565 on: Aug 10, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Been making some games for my son and I to explore this winter when out is out of the question.

This is Quoridor.

This is Quarto

I'll skip the explanations as They're involved. Suffice to say they're both games of strategy. Similar, but both completely different.

We've played Quarto, but not Quoridor. We used to play chess but found that on most occasions, our match extended well beyond the time available to us. In any event, it gives me great pleasure to spend time with my son, build these games for he and I to enjoy and use our brains. They do make us use our brains in many ways.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #566 on: Sep 05, 2019, 05:05 PM »
My son has taken up wood carving. His birthday is in a few days. Turned him a cherry mallet to use.
Glue up

In the lathe

Finished product.

Hope he has many years of happy use from it. Maybe he'll think of me when he picks it up.

Rg

Bartman44

« Reply #567 on: Sep 06, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Nice work. It's great being able to pass down talents to your kids.

You have way more Irwin Grippers than I do.  ;D

iceman260

« Reply #568 on: Sep 06, 2019, 05:50 AM »
Nice work on the mallet. He will always think of you when using it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #569 on: Sep 06, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Thanks Bart. My son is quite an artist. I'm happy to see him working with wood.
For the record, that's a very small portion of the clamps I own. There's another 20 or so Jorgensen squeeze clamps, box clamps, pipe clamps etc in the basement shop.

Can't have enough clamps.

Next I have to turn myself another mortar and pestle. I gifted the one I made myself to a friend.

Before I do that though, I need to buy some larger jaws for my chuck. It's about time I set up to turn some bowls.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.