FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: small bluegills (well, for this lake anyway!!!)  (Read 2771 times)

TroutFishingBear

small bluegills (well, for this lake anyway!!!)
« on: May 08, 2004, 11:49 AM »
This lake is the lake that I have been talking about where the gills average nearly 1 3/4 lbs. Now, I only have 2 pics but I'm getting another one, bigger, developed. I am the one on the top, and that is one of the smallest bluegills I have ever caught from this lake. My dad is the one on the bottom, and that one is about average for the lake.

[/img]

[/img]

I'm going there again today, leaving around 1 or 2. It has been warm all week so I will probably catch at least 6 bluegills like the ones above, probably 1 or 2 larger, (about 2 1/2 lbs, which IS state record, but I cannot keep them from this lake.)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: small bluegills (well, for this lake anyway!!!)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 12:11 PM »
Nice gills, where are all the trout at. like your name.
Oh yea, try cropping down your pictures whwn you scan them in.
Use preview first and grab the sides of the window to scan only the picture on the scanner.
Your pictures won't be so big and you can fit more on a page.
Good luck.  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

wny angler

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 05:25 PM »
nice blue gills-hard to tell what they are from the pictures-but if there bluegills they.r good ones-  you'll have to try to get some close ups next time out

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 06:00 PM »
Nice gills!  Beautiful place!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 08:22 AM »
nice blue gills-hard to tell what they are from the pictures-but if there bluegills they.r good ones-  you'll have to try to get some close ups next time out

I got another one last week that I took a pic on. It should be about developed right now I'm pretty sure its a closer up picture. I caught 2 bluegills yesterday and one was about 13" the other about 11", but I was by myself and didn't carry my little throw-away camera, which is okay because I have a few pics and that should be enough to get out the skeptics. ( I also caught 22 largemouths!)

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2004, 05:03 PM »
ill believe it when i see it.
-cole

reubenpa

« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2004, 07:19 PM »
TFB, since evrybody is picking on you, and we all wanna see these pics, I suggest you look for a cheap digital, I have seen them for like 50 bucks and they will make picture taking and posting MUCH easier!!!!!  I can print them as soon as I get home to show people, and post them instantly with mine... I have a 500 dollar one, but that is not necessary........  as you are young and single... you can do it!!! lol
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #7 on: Sep 12, 2004, 07:53 PM »
Don't worry, reuben, I have 2 pics coming. It may take a week or so, but they'll be here. 1 will have me in it, and I will be holding the other one out because I was alone.

And only 1 member is "picking on me" and that is ....... well, I'm sure its obvious

But I am thinking about getting a digital. It will save me money in the long run instead of my throwaways.

reubenpa

« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2004, 09:11 PM »
we all have been wondering ??? ???
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

The Rocket

« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2004, 01:21 PM »
I really got to get over to Jerry Creek 8)
The gills areound here are fingerling compared to those ;)
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2004, 12:49 PM »
I really got to get over to Jerry Creek 8)
The gills areound here are fingerling compared to those ;)

The gills everywhere else I have fished are too, the only other lake that I know of w/ a decent pop. of bulls is harvey gap

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.