FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: something new to consider...  (Read 2566 times)

james1981

Re: something new to consider...
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2020, 01:10 PM »
 Viruses like the covid virus are very small and rely on transmission via mucus membranes. Eyes nose mouth, they replicate in those areas, lungs, throat, mouth and then are transmitted in the saliva. Rarely does the viral load in the blood even come close to being enough to infect someone with some types of viruses.
 The best example is HIV load in saliva or during any exposure, there are threshold limits and probability distribution for viral loads received by the person in contact that can help predict if you will get the virus or not.
  Mosquito born illnesses like malaria being a living thing and Dengue and Zika  being a virus can survive in the mosquitos as they are the vectors for transmission. 

Washing your hands not sanitizer just washing your hands decreases your risk by 50 percent in some cases.

Baitbucket

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 02:29 PM »
My favorite was the spraying last year to kill all the mosquitoes due to EEE. They carpet bombed towns using planes.

The locals were told it was safe for humans and in the next breath told them not to use their air conditioners and keep their windows closed for two days.

Meanwhile, only about 10 people have died from EEE. In 10 years, lets see how many 1000s die from cancer caused by the "harmless spay" they used to kill the bugs...

v menzone

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Typical fishermantim b***h on ice shanty b***h on myfishfinder. Debbie downer on life

taxid

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 07:17 PM »
I've heard folks who raise chickens dont' have ticks in their yards 'cuz the chickens eat `em.

So let's "stock" the wilderness with chickens to keep down the ticks.

Of course, then we might have to worry about outbreaks of avian flu.

The fox, possums, mink, martens, bobcat, feral cats,and coyotes would absolutely love that!  Probably the predators would reproduce like crazy too.  :laugh: But I don't think the chickens would last long.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2020, 07:19 PM »
Typical fishermantim b***h on ice shanty b***h on myfishfinder. Debbie downer on life

Don't knock it until you try it.  :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jeff M

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Two mammals that eat ticks are opossums and turkeys I am told. I have see the tick population drop off significantly in my yard since the turkeys come through regularly. I had some oppossums but they get hit by cars regularly on my road. Anyone else heard of this?

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 07:58 PM »
I was told get a couple of guinea hens to take care of the ticks, suppose to put up a ruckus if a predator shows up.
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Baitbucket

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Opossums and turkeys will eat them off them selves, but they dont "hunt" for them.

Guinea hens are the only ones ive heard of that will hunt them down and eat them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.