FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My November  (Read 1464 times)

seamonkey84

My November
« on: Nov 24, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Only got out a couple of times these past several months. Since my summer striper trip, I didn’t fish until nov 1st. It started off really slow, went around the part of the lake with no action at all. Then after lunch, we change to a tiny spot on the lake he couldn’t get to by boat, made the trip worth it.
After seeing my friend catch a few on nymphs, I ditched my streamer

Then literally the last cast of the day, my indicator shot under, when all we had before were teasing nibbles and slow takes. Really fun on a 5wt

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

seamonkey84

Re: My November
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2020, 02:08 PM »
Then one day I went out for an hour as the sun was about to set, had some quick action, but didn’t get pics of them all.
These plus another smaller bow, and two medium bass in one hour

I also gout out for a squirrel hunt, got 3 myself and buddy gave me his 2, but towards the end I wish I had put in for a doe tag for that area. We had 5 does walk within our shotgun range, none had visible antlers or I would of tagged out. I got the slug slid in and chambered without them caring. Had one stare me down too  ::)
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Steve H.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2020, 02:16 PM »
Nice fish, seamonkey!  That last salmon is a corker!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2020, 02:39 PM »
Nice fish dude!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2020, 02:44 PM »
Excellent mix of fish!  The salmon are particularly nice 8)

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2020, 05:51 PM »
Good fish

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2020, 08:26 PM »
beauty LLS, Chi! On the 5 wt. too, mustve been a battle.

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2020, 08:27 PM »
Chi , You did well with the time you had. Those are nice fish.

zwiggles

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2020, 08:28 PM »
Excellent mix of fish!  The salmon are particularly nice 8)

X2! Those must have been fun on the fly rod!

seamonkey84

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2020, 01:51 PM »
It was a blast for sure! It held its “ground” pretty well, didn’t try to make too many runs, only jumped twice. just lots of leading left and right in shallow water to tire it out enough for the net.  I just thought it was funny since I actually said “I’m calling it after this cast” and was striping the line in (with a nymph) when it hit.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2020, 02:58 PM »
Thanks for sharing!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.