FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tobin Lake  (Read 4536 times)

anglerbrian

Tobin Lake
« on: Apr 28, 2022, 08:59 PM »
I have booked a cabin atTobin Lake resort in mid June. I was wondering if anyone could  share some info on where to head from the marina to find Walleye and Pike. If you don't feel like sharing here please PM me. I have only fished the lake a couple of times and that was many years ago.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: Tobin Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 05:34 PM »
Hi anglerbrian,
I found this online map of Tobin Lake that shows some of the known fishing spots for pike and walleye. ----> https://reeleminn.com/wp-content/uploads/Tobin-Lake-Map.pdf
Haven't really ever fished Tobin Lake enough to say which are the good spots to try on this map,but, it shows some areas to try none the less. :)

You may have to ask the lodge owner what spot / spots they feel might be good that time of year.

I do know though that the shore fishing is pretty good, in the past, around the E.B Campbell Dam, with multi species action. :w00t:

WW

anglerbrian

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 08:40 AM »
Thanks Water Wolf I think you and I are the only ones from Sask that use this forum anymore!

ran7ger

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 06:08 PM »
 very few of us left now that don't use facebook.  i'm not overly familiar with tobin but i would guess where the river flows in and out would be good spots during mid-june.  i do know the deadheads are not to be taken for granted.  good luck, let us know how it goes!
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

anglerbrian

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 06:06 PM »
Hey Ran7ger Will do .It will be a fun trip no matter what.
 The big pike are on fire at the North end of Last Mountain  but the launch is not ready yet at the Regional. Shore fishing has been very good according to my Neighbor.

ran7ger

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 12:43 PM »
 right on.  the folks out at montreal lake are still ice fishing!  a few small local lakes around here that should be fishable for the opener tomorrow, but i think the bite will still be quite slow.

ncggun

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 08:36 PM »
There are a couple of spots both left and right of the resort for walleyes.  Going right, stop in front of the cabins and jig or go left past the beach just before the drop off and do the same.  If you are more like me, keep going left past the next bay and bottom bounce the old river channel.  For pike I prefer the northeast end of the lake and also an area called Elk Island which is a submerged island in the middle of the big lake.  When are you going to be there, we will be there June 13 - 23.  Stop by cabin 15 and I can show you more spots.

anglerbrian

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 02:52 PM »
Thanks ncggun we will be in Cabin 18 jig fishing and bottom bouncers are a couple of my fav's.  Hope someone around here has leeches to sell before we go up.

Water Wolf

« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2022, 06:02 PM »
Thanks Water Wolf I think you and I are the only ones from Sask that use this forum anymore!

No problem anglerbrian, hope you find the big ones. It's a good multi species lake. 8)

Gald to see a few other folks post as well. I don't want to be the only one posting here, lol. ;D

WW

ran7ger

« Reply #9 on: Jun 10, 2022, 07:11 PM »
 heard the bite had been slow the last while and that the lake was quite muddy but now starting to clear up and locals think the bite will improve.

ncggun

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2022, 06:35 PM »
The fishing was pretty good this past week with lots of small walleye and the odd one in the slot, biggest 30".  Pike were scattered and most of the ones we caught were in the slot so only kept a few which were small enough.  Nice to see the COs out on the lake checking licenses, never see that in Alberta.

Water Wolf

« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2022, 03:32 PM »
How did you make out at Tobin Lake, anglerbrian?

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.