FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Azischohas Lake boat Launch...  (Read 2860 times)

Boatnutt

Azischohas Lake boat Launch...
« on: Nov 10, 2022, 06:18 PM »
Hi Group,
     I just found and joined this great forum!
The western lakes of Maine and lake Umbagog are where my wife and I go boating.
  We just drove up to Azischohas last Monday to check it out.
I see that the boat ramp is at the campground/general store on Lincoln Pond Rd, riight off rte 16.
-  Does anyone know how much they charge to use that ramp?
 Their sigh said 'launch ramp for rent'.....?
  I can't wait to check it out next Spring!

Thanks.
  Irv in Maine/Boatnutt

Boatnutt

Re: Azischohas Lake boat Launch...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2022, 01:40 PM »
Hi Group,
     Does anyone know HOW MUCH it costs to launch at Lake Azischohas at the general store/camping area on Lincoln Pond Rd off Rte 16?
Thanks!
  IrvinMaine

Apresby11

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2022, 10:15 PM »
$5 if I remember correctly.

emeraldshiner

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 01:10 PM »
That is a State Boat Launch so technically the launching of your boat is free but then you need a place to park your vehicle with boat trailer.  Only place to park is at the privately owned Black Brook Cove campground, so you have to pay them a daily fee for parking which is where the $5.00 daily fee comes in.  Have not checked in a while but the parking fees may have gone up.  We have a camp on Aziscohos about a mile up the lake and launch our boat there but don't have the need to park there.  Quite a few years ago there was a State boat launch with parking area right off Route 16 on the south side of the dam but they closed it down a long time ago.  In my opinion the State should re-invest with restoration of the original boat launch with parking space to keep it truly public at free of charge.  I can tell you in years of serious drought that the Black Brook Cove Boat Launch site is completely high and dry by mid to late August with no way to launch a boat at all from there.  On the other hand Black Brook Cove offers protection from the high winds and 4'-5' high white cap swells that happen when the wind comes whipping out of the north and blows some 20 miles down that lake which is particularly dangerous right after ice out and right thru the month of May!  The high winds in the Spring can drive even larger boats right off the lake, so be careful and stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.