FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: spring walleye bite is getting going  (Read 2543 times)

linger

spring walleye bite is getting going
« on: Mar 27, 2012, 06:49 PM »
I've been really inpatiant this year waiting for the bite to get going I've been out five times no walleye yet but the last two weeks I've seen people catching them all around ut lake anyday there going to take off!!

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Re: spring walleye bite is getting going
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2012, 06:56 AM »
Welcome to MFF linger. Im with ya on the impatient thing im going on my 3rd trip searching for some at willard and all ive pulled is some cats. Havent seen to many people pulling any either. A couple more posts and the lakes board will open up for ya, just in case you didnt know about it. Ive been posting reports and pics there myself. I sure hope the bite picks up for both of us, are you tossing or trolling? if you dont mind me asking

linger

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I've just been tossing jigs from the shore.it would be nice if this weather could be good for a few days then I'm sure fishing would get good,I was planing on going out this weekend but it looks like were going to have high winds.good luck up at willard I would like to learn that lake one day I think ill try a few trips for wipers this year.

muskyon46

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Been doing the samething but throwin them from the boat, decided to troll for a bit and give my arm a break thats when we got into the cats. If you do come up i would highly suggest its when the wipers are active. Them willard eyes can be a tough one to crack. I only get 5 or so trips in the spring to willard a year and ive only been able to get me maybe a dozen total in my lifetime. Did you get a chance to check out the lakes board yet? I see you got 5 posts

linger

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Yeah I've looked at the lakes board I just want to post here now and then to try and get a few outhers to join and start posting.. if I do hit willard it won't be until june ill wait for the water to warm up a bit. A friend at work does ok for the whipers up their so ill probably go with him,he tells me they fight like crazy!! I can't wait.

muskyon46

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2012, 06:52 PM »
cool, +1 on gettin some more joinin in  8) since i got a state parks pass this year i might have to break up some of my bass chasing to hit up the bay and get a few boilin this summer also. Great fights if ya can find em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.