FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sunday funday  (Read 4711 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Sunday funday
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Nice catch. If I intend on keeping some for dinner I just throw a few bags of ice in my livewell, it's already insulated, has a drain and I can't forget it at home... I know all boats are different but it works for me.

Yeah, I never seem to remember the ice but if it's hot out, it doesn't stay long in my livewell anyway. I should have insulated it when I redid the rear casting platform.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Yeah, I never seem to remember the ice but if it's hot out, it doesn't stay long in my livewell anyway. I should have insulated it when I redid the rear casting platform.

How do you keep your beer cold?  :D

deerhunter

« Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2019, 04:40 PM »
dam nice fish

Jethro

« Reply #18 on: Aug 29, 2019, 07:09 AM »
How do you keep your beer cold?  :D

In the Yeti that I can't put fish in because I don't want my beers to taste like fish slime! What's more important, cold beer or cold fish? DUH ;D

seamonkey84

« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2019, 05:36 PM »
At least warm beer won’t go to waste or make you sick :P or like me, keep the drinks in a sealed bag if your thinking you might keep fish.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Hottuna5150

« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2019, 04:56 AM »
Never much minded a little fish slime on my beer cans. Usually means I’m having a good day.

Jethro

« Reply #21 on: Sep 04, 2019, 09:52 AM »
At least warm beer won’t go to waste or make you sick :P or like me, keep the drinks in a sealed bag if your thinking you might keep fish.

I've added a bunch of large bags to my tackle bag. Problem solved!

seamonkey84

« Reply #22 on: Sep 04, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Never much minded a little fish slime on my beer cans. Usually means I’m having a good day.
You’ll prob won’t say that after you’ve had lake trout or pike/pickerel slime  :sick: :sick:
man they have a distinct smell, last week that slime made the ice and water in the cooler thick like syrup.

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Sep 04, 2019, 01:17 PM »
You’ll prob won’t say that after you’ve had lake trout or pike/pickerel slime  :sick: :sick:
man they have a distinct smell, last week that slime made the ice and water in the cooler thick like syrup.

Laker slime is the worst.  I landed 300 or so last ice season.  My otter still smells like them...so gross.

Hottuna5150

« Reply #24 on: Sep 04, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Brook trout, lakers, whities, crappies, you name it. The cooler definitely has a permanent fish smell no matter how much I bleach it. Don’t bother me too much. I figure the immune system don’t train itself, you gotta beat on it a little bit!

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Sep 05, 2019, 01:04 PM »
I once used clove oil to euthanize fish on my farm (sold for taxidermy purposes) in one of my coolers I use for fishing. Will never do that again! Pretty much impossible to get rid of the Clove oil smell and I didn't want the fish I caught for consumption to taste like Clove oil! It seemed like it bonded with the plastic!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hottuna5150

« Reply #26 on: Sep 06, 2019, 06:13 AM »
I once used clove oil to euthanize fish on my farm (sold for taxidermy purposes) in one of my coolers I use for fishing. Will never do that again! Pretty much impossible to get rid of the Clove oil smell and I didn't want the fish I caught for consumption to taste like Clove oil! It seemed like it bonded with the plastic!

I believe that. That stuff is strong and it stinks!

taxid

« Reply #27 on: Sep 06, 2019, 09:04 PM »
I believe that. That stuff is strong and it stinks!

Yup!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #28 on: Sep 07, 2019, 09:00 PM »
Try soaking overnight with cheap white vinegar, or a tablespoon of oxyclean per gallon. works pretty well for most of the smells or stains in plastic buckets.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.