FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bow  (Read 1256 times)

Steve H.

Bow
« on: Aug 29, 2019, 12:46 PM »
How's the bass fishing on Bow these days?  I haven't fished it in years.  Was very productive when I first started fishing it in the early 90s, but as time went on it seemed to get more and more pressure, then the fishing suffered.

Thinking about trying it again but curious to see how it's currently regarded as a fishery.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

AquaAssassin

Re: Bow
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2019, 01:36 PM »
I find it to be a great warmwater fishery. For both size and quantity personally. Cold water species, kiss it goodbye. It’s donezo.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2019, 02:05 PM »
I find it to be a great warmwater fishery. For both size and quantity personally. Cold water species, kiss it goodbye. It’s donezo.

It’s a neat fishery especially from a historical perspective. It’s had a lot of different species planted on there over the years. I think they put Kings in there in the 70s and they predictably ate everything in the lake.

I have caught some nice bass there on the far side of the lake.

Johnnh

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2019, 04:12 PM »
Around the islands, left side pockets and far end produce some nice largemouth. Smallies are not like the late 90s and the deep areas out past the islands are likely the best spots.
Ramp is busy and best to go week days if you can. Parking is a hike down by the dam

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2019, 10:52 AM »
Thanks for the info, everyone.  I'm going to head over Monday morning and give it a shot. 

Got a new Lowrance with the side scan feature and figure that's a good place to try it out.  Hopefully I'll catch a bass or two, while I'm at it.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.