FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286559 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #1770 on: Sep 11, 2020, 08:34 AM »
There must be some basis for their asking about changing limits. Hopefully there’s enough response to justify whatever they decide to do. In my experience its the guys who couldn’t find fish at Wegmans that do the most complaining about needing limits.

I’d have to agree with Trapper. We old farts pretty much know where and when to fish.

I left the spot on the canal this morning when 2 yahoos showed up, plunked down their chairs Cups of night crawlers 4 rods  and a 12 pack.....at 9 AM.
I’ll probably be picking up trash there tomorrow.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1771 on: Sep 11, 2020, 01:41 PM »
i been fishing the river alot and doing well  about  10 to 15 big blue gills  makes dinner and the freeer is looking healthy , my warning  comes from personal experence if you pick trash up (most of us do )  be  very very careful  first of covid  second i was  stuck with a needle two years ago  ...i'm fine  but it was awake up call,times have changed and where we like to get away to fish other people get away to get stoned  ,not telling anyone what to do but i won't let my grand kids pick up trash ,i still do but i'm careful......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1772 on: Sep 11, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Ive got a reach tool that i use. No way I’m touching someone else’s garbage.bad enough I have to pick it up.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

oatkasut

« Reply #1773 on: Sep 11, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Me too. That tool can pick up cigarette butts if your good at it! Lots of masks and rubber gloves now. Go figure!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1774 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Funny, i was thinking that this morning at the park. Rubber gloves and masks in the parking lot. 21st century litter.

Rg

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #1775 on: Sep 11, 2020, 05:44 PM »
Its a different world today...same slobs but different litter...will have to carry gloves now just to pick up other's garbage.I have pick up tool too but usually carry light and don't want to carry something else that I'll probably leave at sometime....forgetful in my old age.
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #1776 on: Sep 24, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Took my friend and his wife out for likely the last trip together this season.  Perfect morning with the frost down this way changing the leaves.  Gills still where I left them in spite of significantly colder water.  I fished hair jigs, they tipped ice jigs with waxies on Ice Blue rods.  Filled their little cooler in short order and played C&R for another hour more.  Had several over 10" and kept nothing under 8".  Nice way to end the season for them.

Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Pequod1

« Reply #1777 on: Sep 24, 2020, 01:08 PM »
I like the fall color on the gills too. Nice fish.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1778 on: Sep 24, 2020, 01:47 PM »
Funny, i was thinking that this morning at the park. Rubber gloves and masks in the parking lot. 21st century litter.

Rg

thats true for sure  sad part i'm glad in away when i see it,then at least i know people are using it even if they are slobs
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1779 on: Sep 24, 2020, 05:55 PM »

1st fall perch outing of the year with my old partner bogey. Not too shabby I'd say 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1780 on: Sep 24, 2020, 06:08 PM »

1st fall perch outing of the year with my old partner bogey. Not too shabby I'd say 8)

Nice job loser......  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Must have been Jims singing.....      ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

« Reply #1781 on: Sep 24, 2020, 06:35 PM »
No doubt about it  8)

DANMAN

« Reply #1782 on: Sep 24, 2020, 10:09 PM »

Good catch! 
Using  Minnows?
Depth?

Weather is cooling next week should get them biting!

drowndin dots

« Reply #1783 on: Sep 25, 2020, 03:58 AM »

Good catch! 
Using  Minnows?
Depth?

Weather is cooling next week should get them biting!

Yes minnows and we were 18 fow. Thanks!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1784 on: Sep 27, 2020, 10:05 AM »
Got much better gills at my spot from shore this morning. Think I’ll splash the boat tomorrow and see what I can stir up.

Only 4 more days till I’m back trying to help the hapless DIY’ers at Lowes. I’ve fished 144 days straight since I took my leave back in May. I’m going for 148!

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.