FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: hummingbird smartcast  (Read 3562 times)

feasanthunter

hummingbird smartcast
« on: Mar 11, 2004, 07:06 PM »
has anyone used the wrist display smartcast? i fish from a madison pontoon and this unit looks like it would work well in this application. any advice or comments will be appreciated. thank you
I CAN,I WILL, I DID

CAMOTIM

Re: hummingbird smartcast
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:31 AM »
I bought the wristband style smartcast last summer, used it a bit shore fishing up at L. Erie and som saltwater fishing. Unit works well, marking depth and fish accurately, comparing results with my boat mounted sidefinder. The only problem i found was reeling in the float and checking the wrist display at the same time-I noticed in Cabela's catalogue that a pole mounted design is available at $10 more than the wrist unit-i would recommend the purchase of that design-looking forward to trying it in the streams, once trout opens in PA.

feasanthunter

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:16 PM »
i bought the wrist mount last week. used it on the pontoon sat. and this afternoon.your right,camo,marks fish and depth well.i'll use it on the ice till the little misses lets me get a fl-8
I CAN,I WILL, I DID

fozsey

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 06:59 AM »
I've heard that Musky really like those little green subs... ;D ;D ;D

Colorado_Ice

• Mmm, Mmm, Good!
Re: Humminbird Smartcast
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 08:59 AM »
fozsey,

He might want to mount some hooks on the unit if there are some lunkers around!  ;)

gunner1

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2005, 10:42 AM »
has anyone used the wrist display smartcast? i fish from a madison pontoon and this unit looks like it would work well in this application. any advice or comments will be appreciated. thank you

My girlfriend bought me the pole mounted one for Xmas last year and I used it this spring for striper fishing. It worked great. I wanted to verify it worked, so I brought it over a dead herring that was right by shore and it showed up as a fish on the screen like it should have. Good bang for the buck, IMO.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.