FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Swim baits  (Read 5049 times)

suskymusky

Swim baits
« on: Mar 28, 2004, 06:49 AM »
I was wondering if anybody uses swimbaits.I've been reading about them for years, and I went out and bought a few.I liked the looks of the Storm WildEye Swim Shad, and I'm hoping the fish do too.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Swim baits
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2004, 08:06 PM »
Susky,  I found a buy one get one free with the Skitter-pop and the WildEye.  This little gift from the fishing gods was purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods.  I have not tried them either,  but they look good and I have also heard good things about them.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2004, 12:13 AM »
Swimbaits are good lures. The only problem is they don't cast well usually and they can get out of tune easy.
The storm wildeye shads have caught walleyes, trout, and bass for me.
My favorite swimbaits are the Castaic Baby Bluegill. These are the most lifelike line of softbaits around, and they each look EXACTLY like what they say. They are expensive though, about 10 bucks a pop. They will catch bass, trout, walleye, pike, and even catfish.

Tyler

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:26 AM »
I got a 23 in 4 lb laker ten feet from shore in Canandaigua Lake with a 3 inch fire tiger swim bait last november.  I got it at Walmart. I also had another nice fish bite, but I jumped too fast and lost it.  They work at least some!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2004, 02:53 PM »
I don't like them at all. Crankbaits work better in some conditions and slow plastic presentations in others. These just don't have a place for me.

I like a live little baby bluegill much better, these are the best for bass all the time ;D I like seeing the bluegill run from the bass , its really funny

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2004, 06:10 AM »
I want to try some big swim baits this year but the thought of only geting bit a few times kinda turns me off the idea. I know the fish would be huge but I like to catch a good number for a day also. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2004, 04:26 PM »
I want to try some big swim baits this year but the thought of only geting bit a few times kinda turns me off the idea. I know the fish would be huge but I like to catch a good number for a day also. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Just keep one with you and when you find a day when the bass are very active/aggressive  tie it on.  When you already know the feed is on switching to a big swimbait may net you the bass of your life! ;D  Big bait = big fish!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

fastribs85

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2004, 11:33 AM »
i got one that looks like a bluegill from wally world have tried it a few times but havent caught anything with it have had hits and seen some monster bass follow it and chase it but then turn around and not hit it
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Jigwiggler

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2004, 12:24 PM »
i got one that looks like a bluegill from wally world have tried it a few times but havent caught anything with it have had hits and seen some monster bass follow it and chase it but then turn around and not hit it

Whatever you're doing you've got the right idea,  now just adjust you're presentation a little faster, slower, stop and go.  If you're getting follows they like something about it.  Sounds like a little fine tuning and you're gonna be tangling with some nice bass.

SuperX2

• Giv'em The One Four
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2004, 06:14 AM »
I just bought the Wild Eye pack at Gander Mt. Can't wait to try them on some big Bass. 

fastribs85

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2004, 08:53 PM »
i tried all of it and they just keept turning up ther nose at it couple even would bump it but not bite

Jigwiggler

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2004, 11:23 AM »
fastribs - they weren't on a nest were they?  If so they may have just been defending it.

fastribs85

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2004, 10:03 PM »
no these bass were fairly shallow and it was like late july early august and i was able to watch them from shore in this farm pond its where i try the new lures and tricks because these bass see a lot of pressure all summer from kids camping at this camp im a counsler at for special needs kids and its a one week period i help out with deaf and heart kids should see there faces when they get hooked up with a good bass i hardly have a chance other4 then late at night and early in the morning will miss it this year have to work and no time off just being out of high school  :-\

chrisfrank

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2004, 08:28 PM »
Fast ribs,  did you know there is a period on most keyboards? its next to the question mark
 ;)

fastribs85

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2004, 09:49 PM »
man didnt know what those extra buttons were for so i just took them off and threw them out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.