FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My Trip to Colorado  (Read 943 times)

stripernut

My Trip to Colorado
« on: Oct 10, 2020, 08:51 PM »
So I am back and the wife and I did not catch anything on our trip (I am talking COVID) YAY! My elder son is now married (to a wonderful girl) and it was a great ceremony! I did of course fit in some fishing but the drought out there had the rivers so low we could not float any... We did plan to hit the San Juan River below the Navajo Dam in New Mexico, but the Governor closed it to out of staters... Bummer! I caught plenty of rainbows in the local lakes, but nothing I could not have done here. The Aspen were in full gold and often made for a great backdrop. A great trip, just not a great fishing trip.
Here are a few pics;

The back drop for my sons wedding cerimony

Navajo Res, the water is down a bit.

Some fresh Bear tracks where I scouting for some trout and was only finding carp

bogtrotter

Re: My Trip to Colorado
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2020, 06:07 AM »
Sounds like a great trip  Nice photos!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2020, 06:39 AM »

Thanks for sharing

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2020, 07:47 AM »
The haze from the fires in CA really made it much more hazy than normal and some days my wife who has asthma had a hard time breathing.

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2020, 02:49 PM »
Glad you had a safe trip and congrats to your son.  Glad you didn't "catch" as well.  Gotta stay healthy as ice season approaches.

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2020, 03:05 PM »
Gorgeous.  Colorado sure is a beautiful state.  Never been there to fish, only to ski.  Though one time while at Copper, I spent a day in Silverthorne and guys were fly fishing the Blue in mid-Feburary, right in town.  Could see giant rainbows from the footbridge.  Should have brought a rod along with my skis.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.