FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 03-31-2012 Bass Lake  (Read 660 times)

Bodeen

03-31-2012 Bass Lake
« on: Mar 31, 2012, 01:20 PM »
Wasn't planning on going out, but my cousin and his grandson wanted to go out so I went.  I swing by their place and they thought it was too cold to go.  I wasn't about to go back home now, so I headed to the lake.

Surface temp was 57 degrees.  A dull and dreary looking day, perfect walleye weather.

Hooked into some bass and 4 walleyes.  Only 2 keeper eyes.  The action was pretty fast early on, but the wind changed to the east and it started getting colder.  Fish seemed to shut down.  I made two more passes and drew a blank, so I headed to the ramp.

CO was there checking live wells when I docked and my fish was the only ones he'd seen all day.  Most the people I seen going out was going out after 9 oclock, so perhaps it was just an early bite.  Might turn back on later.

Fish were caught in 4 feet of water on white.  The one short male eye I caught was really happy to see me.  Might be able to still get on them post spawn males.

CO told me last week they busted a boat for being over the limit.  Also said a girl caught an 18 inch perch on the big pond.  Now that's a pig and should be fish of the year if she enters it.

Rumor has it the crappie bite is on at Koontz.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.