FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Utah Boys 2014  (Read 10513 times)

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Re: Utah Boys 2014
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 04:30 PM »
For sure FB all good things. We made a few more trips out for some more wiper action and it was just the same. Hooked lots of fish and ended up with my biggest this year at 23in. The trollers were about right on our laps. lol

Not a bad day at the bay  8)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Nice!  It's cool to catch quality fish like that from shore!  Sometimes it's refreshing to be able to walk around and not be limited to the space in your boat.

muskyon46

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Nice!  It's cool to catch quality fish like that from shore!  Sometimes it's refreshing to be able to walk around and not be limited to the space in your boat.

It is nice having the space to walk around and for the kids it could not be better

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Nice job mister..   :thumbup_smilie:
I caught lake trout the same way a week ago...
If I could get my lap top back I will post some pictures.... :'(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

muskyon46

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 10:24 PM »
Thanks Dom, I have waiting to see your pics start rolling in. Hope things are starting to warm up. I made it out in the boat today as my plans for an early morning top water bite was spoiled by a good storm rolling in here tomorrow morning. I guess I better thank mother nature as it turned out to be a good afternoon/evening  :thumbup_smilie: I still stuck to my plan and was throwing topwaters the whole time. Had this one in the boat another come off at the boat and seen 3 others chasing/crusing

What a great way to start out the season on my favorite water  ;D

muskyon46

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 07:05 PM »
Finally got into my 1st smallie & largies this weekend. Smallies came on Friday morning with some good top water action

And you couldn't beat the scenery with all this glass water and still a bit of white stuff in those hills

The largies came early this morning and they were tough in some pretty thick cover, No top waters for theses guys but the spinner baits did the trick

muskyon46

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 09:00 PM »
Got out Thursday and Friday for some more great times on the water. We did pretty good both days. Only pics I got Thursday were of phishinphools biggest smallie this year and a good looking spawn color crappie

Friday was a whole nother story, I took a good buddy of mine and he brought his carp stickin bow with us. I shot my 1st ever carp and nailed 3 others after it. He got 3. It was a great time and now I know what to tell my wife I want for fathers day  ::) I will definitely be doing that more often on slow fishin days. Here's a couple pics of some of the ones we nailed.

No bass for me that day but my buddy and my youngest stepson got into a few including this hog

Tightlines

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #22 on: Jun 02, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Great pics!  Sorry I haven't checked in lately, but I love that tiger, and on topwater no less.  Can't beat that!

muskyon46

« Reply #23 on: Jun 02, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Thanks kevin, gotta love the top waters  :thumbup_smilie:

muskyon46

« Reply #24 on: Jul 01, 2014, 08:05 PM »
So I dropped off the grid for a bit, but I have been getting out in different ways. The last month has been kind of search and replace kinda thing. It all started when I lost spark to the motor on the tracker at a tourney at the 1st of june. Now this was a trout tourney so I took the electric off not thinking I would need it as we would only be trolling. Bad idea, had to be towed in. luckily I knew 4 other boats on the water that day. So I've been going thru stuff and hope that I have it figured out. Seemed to run fine last night but only the true test on the water will tell  :-\ In the meantime I picked up a new toy

and I think these will do good when ice sets in, before the snow gets too deep

Those 2-link V-bar chains are pretty wicked, picked them up for all 4 tires. Being a 2-wheel drive I'm only going to get so far before its time for the sled. So i've been doing some trail riding around the hills here with a buddy from work. Our 1st trip out we set to make it to inspiration point that over looks the Wasatch front where I live. The light was fading and we were only able to get 25 miles in that day before it was time to start heading back. Along the way there were plenty of mud holes to play in but this one was only for my buddies 4X4

Even passed through the fields of gold

With all the rain we had at that time the wild flowers were popping. The next trip we made the 45 mile loop and was greeted by a few drifts/avalanches in the Willard basin on our way up.

Now when we arrived at our destination (inspiration point) we were not the only ones that made the trip that day. There were 3 other groups on wheeler and 6 trucks. The view was awesome and I cannot believe in all the years I've lived here I have never made the trip up there. This view looks over all of weber county where I live to davis county and beyond. The only thing I wish we would have seen were some mountain goats but none were in our range  :(

and even Willard bay looks small from up here, that's a lot of rock around the shores of that place

Now at 9700' you really feel like your on top of the world  8) I'll definitely be making this trip again soon. Looks like i'll get the boat out next week after the holiday weekend. Then its on to Denver for the world lacrosse tournament. My youngest stepson is playing on a comp league and they have went undefeated in the last 2 tourneys. Fingers crossed it carries over into Denver as they will be playing with 48 other teams in his age division. The bracket looks like something out of a college basketball tourney  :o Tight lines everyone and have a fun and safe 4th of july where ever you may be

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:  

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Jul 01, 2014, 08:21 PM »
The wheeling sure looks like a lot of fun.. 
That country  is just awesome...   
I can see for miles and miles but I live on a big hill...    When you can take a ground level picture and see for miles and miles that's just cool....
Great pictures....... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

muskyon46

« Reply #26 on: Jul 01, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Thanks dom the views are great around here especially in the spring/early summer when everythings still green, adding more pics now. Forgot to click on the time deal when I logged on and it cut me off when I went to post the rest  ::) DUH!!!! Hate when that happens  :cursing: :cursing:

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #27 on: Jul 29, 2014, 12:00 AM »
Nice looking fish muskyon46. :)
Sweet new ride, that will definatly get you around all season long. ;)

Cool view in those last few photos, it does feel like the top of the world. 8)

WW

muskyon46

« Reply #28 on: Jul 30, 2014, 06:07 PM »
Thanks WW, the new ride is definitely going to get me around all year till the snow gets to deep then ill break out the sled. Sure is going to save my hyfax. Well I've still been messing with the boat motor and  last week I thought I had it fixed. Headed out to give her a run and  phishinphool hooked up this nice 41in tiger

Turned out that I didn't fix the prob and spent a bit of time trying to get the motor going. After I got it started I didn't dare turn it off till it was on the trailer. Spent the weekend reading some boat forums and was able to indentify the prob, hopefully. Just got done putting the new part on and am planning giving it another run Friday morn. The good thing about having a broke boat is I get take it easy riding in my buddies boat. I hooked into this fat 17in smallie yesterday

Smallie fishing has been tough around here this year as the water levels are up higher than the last few years and theres lots of cover/bait for them. So I'm guessing this might be my biggest for the year but then again theres still a lot of summer left  ;D

Tighlines everyone

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Jul 30, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Nice pictures mister..     :clapping: :clapping:   I sure hope you get that motor fixed..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.