FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A Good Day All in All  (Read 47 times)

bogtrotter

A Good Day All in All
« on: May 18, 2024, 07:09 PM »
This morning, I fished the South Hoosic from 8 to 10:30 AM.

It was overcast and about 65 degrees.

I started about a half mile below Church Street in Cheshire and walked/fished downstream through the Jungle for about 1 mile.

Net result - - one 5' brookie and 5 dace in a backwater pond on the northernmost (furthert downstream) terminus of my hike.

Walking back to my car, I drove  (north) downstream to Cheshire Harbor, where I landed a 12" and 14" brown.

Driving a bit further downstream to Adams, I fished from the Old Stone Mill to a little past Elm Rock but didn't have a single strike - - although I was able to harvest a saddle mushroom along the way.

Then it was off to pick up my buddy Ed to go foraging between Pittsfield and Cheshire - - where we struck gold with ramps, dock, milk weed shoots  and poke weed.

After that, I tried some warm water fishing for a few hours at Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams.

By then, it had cleared up and was about 70 degrees - - and over the course of 3 hours I managed to reel in 31 sunfish and 1 perch.

Finally, I headed home and cooked a steak dinner - - incorporating some of our foraging ingredients - - over my fire pit, and washed it down with a couple glasses of home made red wine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.