FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Usually I am not the one but who is ready for open water  (Read 1877 times)

fish/hunt4ever

put all my ice fishing gear in the shop and will hang it all when I am home again and get the boat ready for some open water. Looks like it will be here long before it was open water last year. Tight lines everyone and hopefully see you out on the water soon catching some fish.

Doubles Shooter

Re: Usually I am not the one but who is ready for open water
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Brought the boat home a couple days ago. Have a new starter ordered for the old gal. All 1978 vintage and running great.

Have a great season.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2021, 03:05 PM »
Yeah...I’m ready!

My ice fishing stuff was mothballed today. Thought about pulling the boat out of the yard and into the driveway, but I figured it would be the ultimate jinx. Besides the canal and most other water is still iced over.

But, I’ve got enough flies tied to equip a couple dozen fly fishers for the next two or three years. And...I’m still tying.

Can’t beat those old Johnson’s. Mine is a 1987 30 hp.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2021, 06:08 PM »
Just gotta make a few plastics and check my jigs, but am ready.

Jakediesel1

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2021, 08:07 AM »
same. Took the kayak and trolling motor out to Tongue reservoir this weekend and di some trolling. Nice being the only person on the whole lake. Going to get the boat ready this weekend.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Got the starter in. The motor is running great. Planning on greasing the trailer wheel bearings in the morning and hopefully splash it Thursday. Time to go fishing..

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Have all the gear in the boat, just need to put the oil in the lower units and ready, one lake is ice free and boat ramp open so might try and get it in if the weather cooperates for me, and if I can get the greenhouse finished.  Good luck to everyone might see some out on the water here soon.

Huntinfool18

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2021, 05:24 PM »
I pulled the boat out and hit the gorge the other day. It’s nice to be on open water again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.