FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 378952 times)

MILLERMANKT

Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #1740 on: Aug 28, 2020, 10:51 PM »
Must be my phone rg
Anyway been on couch all week cause had two discs replaced in neck Monday and titanium plates screwed in to keep in place been eating Jell-O and soup all week but tonight enough was enough
My buddy who duck hunts the " flyway" out west gave me a bunch of breasts this spring
Thawed some out today and peppered them seared in bacon then made a bacon Onion garlic gravy over them with homemade garlic  mashed potatoes!!
Took me all morning to can 6 qts of tomato sauce and 4 pints of jalpenos ,had to go slow but feels good to be up and around!
I hope you're feeling better

filetandrelease

« Reply #1741 on: Aug 29, 2020, 05:40 AM »

Speedy recovery gotagetm
 That gravy sounds great

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1742 on: Aug 29, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Must be my phone rg
Anyway been on couch all week cause had two discs replaced in neck Monday and titanium plates screwed in to keep in place been eating Jell-O and soup all week but tonight enough was enough
My buddy who duck hunts the " flyway" out west gave me a bunch of breasts this spring
Thawed some out today and peppered them seared in bacon then made a bacon Onion garlic gravy over them with homemade garlic  mashed potatoes!!
Took me all morning to can 6 qts of tomato sauce and 4 pints of jalpenos ,had to go slow but feels good to be up and around!

Could be your phone, but I’m no expert.
Take it easy there. Time to heal is what you need. My neighbor had something similar done to his low back about 3 weeks ago. He’s starting to move around a little better. They’ve got him in some kind of back brace contraption that looks just horrible. To top it off, his Bride is due in a couple weeks with their first crumb snatcher.

Anyway, hope you get better soon. Dinner sounds great and I like that gravy idea.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1743 on: Aug 29, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Had a good batch of Italian stewed  tomatoes left from dinner last night . Decided to turn it into Minestrone. There’s a loaf of my bread getting happy to bake later.

Good soup day. Rainy and cool.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #1744 on: Aug 29, 2020, 09:47 AM »
Cold and rainy in my neighborhood as well... comfort food day for sure...  a clean out the fridge frittata for breakfast and now going to shuffle back through this thread to find a dinner idea...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1745 on: Aug 29, 2020, 01:25 PM »
The “Whatchagot” frittata is one of our go to’s for those “what are we gonna cook tonight” times.

Soup s ready and pretty darned good. Bread is in the oven. Having a cocktail and watching the Yankee game.

Hard to beat!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1746 on: Aug 29, 2020, 02:04 PM »
Bread is done.

Soup is done.

I’m getting hungry.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1747 on: Aug 29, 2020, 03:28 PM »
Looks great Bob.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #1748 on: Aug 29, 2020, 05:02 PM »
Looks great Bob.....
X2
 Tonight it was wife’s chicken fingers with Mac n cheese

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1749 on: Aug 30, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Left over pasta and tomato salad for me. My Bride had some left over Minestrone.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #1750 on: Aug 30, 2020, 04:24 PM »

Left overs here to , Chicken fingers with Mac n cheese,

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1751 on: Aug 30, 2020, 05:36 PM »
Grilled chicken sandwiches,  corn on the cob, watermelon and spicy green olives...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1752 on: Aug 30, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Have a big pot of chili sauce cooking now for canning later..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1753 on: Aug 30, 2020, 06:40 PM »
You’re my hero Dom......and Mrs.Dom ( probably her first) .

Always thinking ahead. Good stuff for the snowy months to come.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1754 on: Aug 31, 2020, 05:00 AM »
We both thank you Bob..  :-*
 We will use more jars of this in Meatloaf than we will use in chili.. It makes a killer meatloaf... 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.