FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 379056 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #2445 on: Jan 10, 2021, 01:17 PM »
Well, mine was in for about 6 hours. But there’s no heat, just cold smoked. Took it off a bit ago, cut it into thirds and vac packed it. I’ll leave it sit in the fridge  till I remember it again and try some. It was a beautiful color. First taste was pretty smoky but I recall the last batch being that way to at first. It really mellowed over some time.

Not like I’ll ever be out of cheese, so, I can wait. Besides, a few days and I’ll probably forget it’s there anyway.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2446 on: Jan 10, 2021, 02:33 PM »
In search of the perfect egg roll!

I’ve made lots of egg rolls. We love them on Sunday for a late lunch.....early dinner kind of thing. My regular pork and Chinese vegetable egg rolls are still our favorites. But, there’s always room for experiments. Today it was Pizza egg rolls.

Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, cheese and sauce. They were pretty good. A bit salty....probably the pepperoni or Or the store bought sauce. But good none the less.

Next time we’re gonna try Taco egg rolls.

My cheeseburger egg rolls were a bust. Probably because I lost track of them when I grated my thumb along with the cheese.

Have to try them again too.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2447 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:15 PM »

Pizza rolls sound good
  Today was simple fried panfish with pan toasted bread , washed down with a glass of wine

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #2448 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:46 PM »
Bob,
It should be at least a month until you eat it. Otherwise it is terribly smoky. 6 hours is a long time. Might take a longer time to mellow out.
Always use just the tube. Not heat at all.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2449 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:57 PM »
I’m sure your right. It’ll sit for a good while.  Best part is, I know it’s there.....till I forget...and that’s ok.
 Thanks!
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2450 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:58 AM »
Last night was a pork loin cooked in sauerkraut and apples with broccoli and fresh apple sauce...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #2451 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:26 PM »
You must be stuttering.

I thought I saw this in another thread.

8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2452 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:43 PM »
You must be stuttering.

I thought I saw this in another thread.

8)

A mod must have moved it to where it belongs....... 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2453 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:43 PM »
I didn’t do it....nobody saw me.....you can’t prove anything.

Country ribs on the Weber, home made applesauce and something else to be named later.

Wish I could get my Bride to enjoy sauerkraut. I love it......she won’t let me cook it.....period. My Grandmother, a miserable old German lady, made home made kraut in a crock in the fruit cellar. It was one of the only things I liked about her.

Rg

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #2454 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:56 PM »
That looks good. Been a long time. I cooked hot dogs and sauerkraut last week when the grandkids were here for them to try. My 7 year old grandson would have NO part of it. He said the house smelled like pee and locked himself in his room till the house aired out. He'll eat limburger cheese, but not kraut. Go figure.

natahka72

« Reply #2455 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:31 PM »
That looks good. Been a long time. I cooked hot dogs and sauerkraut last week when the grsndkids were here for them to try. My 7 year old grandson would have NO part of it. He said the house smelled like pee and locked himself in his room till the house aired out. He'll eat limburger cheese, but not kraut. Go figure.

That is funny right there!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2456 on: Jan 12, 2021, 04:13 AM »

That’s funny ,
 Pork tenderloin , with potatoes , onions, carrots,

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2457 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:46 AM »
Looks great Fred.
 Bob I love sauerkraut and it’s really good for you  . Planed on making some this fall.  Bought some jar lids made for fermenting but never got to it. :-\

filetandrelease

« Reply #2458 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:17 AM »

I to like sauerkraut
 Old timer I knew use to make it in large crocks , man was that great

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2459 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:28 AM »
I did it once in a 3 gallon crock and it was awesome. That crock is no longer with us..   :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.