FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's old tacklebox!  (Read 3756 times)

slipbob

Slipbob's old tacklebox!
« on: Aug 23, 2004, 02:08 PM »
While I was visiting the folks this weekend I found my old tacklebox that was given to me when I was about 10 years old by an old family friend.  The man that gave this to me was in his 70's at the time and was so nice to give me the whole thing.  I don't know much about old fishing lures but there are some in here.
Here's the box.
[/img]
Well what's in here.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
An old fly reel.
[/img]
[/img]
Old split shot.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
Old lures.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
An old creek chub lure that's in almost perfect condition.
[/img]
[/img]
The evil Budweiser lure.
[/img]
That's it and I hope you enjoyed looking through the old tacklebox.

grumpymoe

Re: Slipbob's old tacklebox!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2004, 02:23 PM »
thats soooo cool!!.....just like opening presents at christmas slipbob....a treasure chest of tackle and memories from days gone by....post your thoughts about some of those lures and other contents.....grump 8)

Hookset

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Amen.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Boy, the contents of your old tacklebox sure brought back some memories for me.  I've had a number of lures like those, particularly the yellow surface plug with the prop, the crankbaits with the metal bills, and the white popper.  But what really turned MY crank was the cream-colored plastic snelled hook holder.  It was the best! I used to have one that held all my bait hooks, until son #2 raided my tackle box when he was around 15.  (You hear that, Perch Pounder -- I'm onto you!!!!!) That was 15 years ago, and I've never found another one.  Are they still made? any of you guys/lady know? ???

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2004, 04:16 PM »
Very very cool slipbob...My uncle had an old tackle box that he got after the death of his father. This this was LOADED with old lures, which were mostly in near mint condition. Well, being that he wasn't a fisherman, he left it outside  for more than a year. Everything inside went to hell, and one hell of a collection was lost.  :'( This was prior to my birth. If I was alive, I guarentee I would've had it. Do those glasses belong to you?  ;)

MonoPhil-Yes, they still make them. I have a few, if you'd like them, PM me with your address, I don't use them anymore.

-Zach

Reelmaster

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2004, 04:21 PM »
That was very cool to see memorbillia from the past.  Just a question,  what was the purpose of the budweiser lure.  Did it actually work or was that just an advertising scam. Very cool anyways.  Im a Big budweiser collector as it is my favorite beer.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2004, 05:17 PM »
SB,  the Bud lure can surely be lost.  there is no value to anything from AB. ;)  Actually,  the lure is kind of cool ( imagine your favorite brew in place of the evil one ).  I have a large spoon with my favorite driver and the brew he represents:  I will not say which brew because it's not one of the brands I rep at work and it will hijack this thread further.  The whole box reminds me of my grandfathers and I wish I had shown more interest in fishing when he was still alive.   :(

There are no do-overs.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2004, 05:27 PM »
What a great find, Slipbob.
Bet you're happy as heck to have it back in your posession. ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2004, 05:30 PM »
wow what a find a guy I know collects old lures he paid me 15 bucks for an old silver minnow lure i had said the lure wasn't worth to much but the box was those boxes you have are probably worth more than the lures I know the wooden ones are worth more than plastic and I think the big wodden creek chub is  the cats meow to collectors yours is small but I'll bet still worth a lot check on ebay
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

venisonman

« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2004, 06:35 PM »
Definately some monetary value there! But more than that the pix brought back many memories Thanks Slipbob. I used much of that same gear once upon a time. I actually bought one of those Bud lures for my Dad when I was 16 yrs old. He had several hits from northerns and bass but no hook ups. Thanks again for sharing!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2004, 11:46 AM »

Ahh yes, the good ol' budweiser lure. Boy does that bring back some memories. I think if I look in my ol man's tackle box today I think he would have one in there. I think every kid at sometime had the budweiser lure no?
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2004, 12:16 PM »
Very cool slipbob!  I love looking at the old gear and seeing how much it has changed over the years.  I have a small collection from my father, mostly old Flatfish in their original boxes.  It's fun to pull them out every once in a while just to look at.  As for the Bud lure, maybe you could use it as the prize for Scott's guess the fish game :P
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

MarcusJ

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2004, 12:58 PM »
That old fly reel is definatly cool I have only ever seen one other like it ;D

Jigwiggler

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2004, 03:51 PM »
Very nice Slipbob!  If it didn't have so much sentimental value I bet that old creek chub would be hauling in some nice eyes this fall.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #14 on: Aug 24, 2004, 07:50 PM »
Those pictures bring backmemories of my grandfather. he loved the sport so much that he even would wait to harvest to get that extra day in. Thanks for bringing those memories back slipbob.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.