FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Coho-candy??  (Read 2734 times)

northrn-duck-assassin

Coho-candy??
« on: Mar 15, 2020, 06:45 PM »
This place is rather quiet now days? Everybody on a different site i dont know about?? Lol!!!

Hows the coho action going for guys? They sure are tastey! Fun little fight on lighter tackle.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

troutline

Re: Coho-candy??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Went to the port of Indiana last sunday and only seen 2 caught from daylight till noon.

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2020, 08:44 PM »
Things are slowing down now , the coho bite has Ben going for over a month now

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2020, 02:52 PM »
This site has always been dead compared to shanty.
  As far as coho, I know some guys that did well the past few weekends. They didn't do good this past weekend.

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2020, 03:17 PM »
Big change last week. Big north blow probably didn’t help

bherr24

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2020, 07:01 PM »
Drove up to mich city today since all the local resis are trashed. Had one hit on bottom with skein but no fish. Seen 4 fish caught in the 3 hours or so i was there. With school closed im off for at least the next 3 weeks so im sure i will go up and try again.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2020, 08:45 PM »
Not sure whats going on with the site being so quiet. There is plenty of info to share without naming lakes and locations. Im not big on giving out exact lakes/location myself. Except for well known community holes.
Be nice to see a change of pace, and have more ppl active sharing the intel besides locations.

Anyways, the coho, man they have been sensational since december in the creeks. Many various bait choices, been fun to watch them change desired baits, although they are feasting on the same bait fish. Very exciting bite all late winter long. As of this last week, seems as if they are starting to head back towards the lake, progressively.

Trolling on the lake has really picked up in the last 3 weeks. Trolling small body baits is always my way to go early spring. This year ive noticed ive had to fish them deeper though, not my typical top 10 f.o.w., bit thats fishing.

The big north wind did tweak them fish a little bit, had to search for them the next day. Once they were found, lights out.

Them fish were piled up something fierce at the discharge this year. They dispearsed and we have found them in a few other locations now. Found some bigger size fish in the last couple days here.

I think the creek bite only has about a week left, then its gonna be shorline specific fishing and trolling.

Get em while ya can fellas!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

fishcrazy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Good points duck wacker. They are starting to transition to the shoreline relating area they normally do about this time of year. Supposed to head out with a charter and some work friends in a few weeks for a change of pace. Can’t always be the captain I guess. Good luck to all and stay safe

rivereddy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Just took a peek at the Michigan City pier camera.  It shows a bunch of fishermen
on the inside of the bend.

fish on,

rivereddy

staubsaugen

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:08 PM »
Went north to New Buffalo today. Caught a limit of coho in less than 2 hours. Trolled 14-18 fow with mag lips and a thunderstick.

Gartoon

« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2020, 11:21 AM »

Still There

Hexagenia51

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2020, 02:03 PM »
Nice! How do you prepare them? Never caught one before! Hex

Gartoon

« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2020, 04:22 PM »
filet , pan fry w/garlic and lemon pepper to desired texture .
I like mine near blackened ;D

staubsaugen

« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Best tasting salmon or trout in the great lakes IMO. Poached some in butter last night, ate with mashed potatoes, pesto, and green beans-as good as any fancy restaurant. Get after them if you can!

Gartoon

« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Just got the news Michigan city closed washington park and barricaded the entrance .
There goes the pier for a while
maybe steelies in june :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.