FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stay at home  (Read 4004 times)

billyex99

Stay at home
« on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:37 AM »
The Governor issued a stay at home order from March 25th to April 7th, except for essentials. Does fishing fall under essentials?

taxid

Re: Stay at home
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Yes! If no, I know some lake people that will love this! Especially the lakes that are planted with trout!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2020, 01:18 PM »
It is essential for me. I'm an addict. I need a fix atleast ever couple days. I know most back roads out of town and places to park that unless someone is really looking for me I hopefully will be good to go. Of course i'll be fishing along. That's the way I like it anyway.

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2020, 02:39 PM »
First thing i looked for was if fishing was still allowed. I believe that it is. Under essential  items it says "outdoor activities". They dont necessarily want people traveling...but at the same time they mention state parks are still open and can be used for outdoor activity. Most people need to travel to get to a state park...so im going fishing. I dont think there gonna pull people over and ticket them anyway. If they do pull ya over..tell em your going to visit a state park. Im planning on driving 2 hours and across 3 counties to fish wednesday.

icecleate

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2020, 02:53 PM »
I believe you are ok to fish as long as you keep the 6ft social distance from anyone else that may be there. I am going out tomorrow but I will be the only one in my boat.

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2020, 03:58 PM »
I believe you are ok to fish as long as you keep the 6ft social distance from anyone else that may be there. I am going out tomorrow but I will be the only one in my boat.
Good luck Mark. LOW?

Badbrad2186

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2020, 04:28 PM »
Yes you can still fish its essential as your out to catch some dinner the local bay is my grocery store.

billyex99

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Took this off of the IN.gov site....Food, Beverage, and Agriculture
Food and beverage manufacturing, production, processing, cultivation, including farming, livestock, fishing, baking, and other production agriculture, including cultivation, marketing, production, and distribution of animals and goods for consumption; and businesses that provide food, shelter, and other necessities of life for animals, including animal shelters, rescues, shelters, kennels, and adoption facilities.

charlys1954

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:18 PM »
If the DNR are temporarily canceling fees then I would say yes you can fish.
Found this at another fishing site.

-----------------------------------------

MARCH 23, 2020
(UNDATED) – The Department of Natural Resources announced that all properties including state parks and wildlife areas – will not require an entry fee for the time being.
Also included in the DNR properties are state forests, fishing areas, nature preserves, and other state recreation areas (such as campgrounds and cabins).
Anyone who wants to cancel reservations they have made at DNR properties due to concerns over COVID-19 will not be charged a cancellation fee.
DNR properties will remain open, but there will be changes to their operations and services.
Property offices will have restricted access but will still remain open.
Nature Centers, Historic Buildings, Visitor Centers, Forest Education Centers, Recreation Buildings and enclosed picnic areas will be closed off to the public.
Highlights:

Open

•All DNR properties including state parks, state forests, fish and wildlife areas, nature preserves and state recreation areas. Entrance fees at properties have been temporarily suspended.
•Campgrounds, cabins, inns and meeting rooms remain open for groups within current State gathering guidance.
•All Indiana DNR-managed facilities at Brookville, J.E. Roush, Salamonie, Mississinewa, Cecil M. Harden, Cagles Mill, Patoka and Monroe lakes (campgrounds, wildlife areas, and boat ramps) remain open. However, public facilities managed directly by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at or below the dams at these lakes (tailwater areas, observation mounds, etc.) are closed.

Closed or restricted
All property offices, while remaining open, will have restricted public access. For service at an office location contact information will be provided at the main entrance to the office.

•Nature Centers, Historic Buildings and Visitor Centers, Forest Education Centers, Recreation Buildings and enclosed picnic areas.
•State Park Inn pools and the aquatic center at Abe Martin Lodge until further notice.
•The exhibit gallery at Falls of the Ohio State Park’s Interpretive Center. The park remains open. The interpretive center restrooms and information desk are available.
•All group camps, youth tent and rally tent areas through April 30, 2020. Any groups with reservations have been contacted and fees will be refunded.
•Rentable recreation buildings are closed through April 30. Those with reservations have been contacted and rental fees are being refunded.
•The DNR Customer Service Center in downtown Indianapolis is closed to public visits.

For an overview of all the changes and cancellations, visit the website

for the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.

I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

charlys1954

« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:47 PM »
If the DNR site has canceled fees and posted whats open then I would say we can fish.

I read at another site that fishing is included on the essential list, anything on that list you are aloud to leave home is what I would say. Now I read this on another site not the Official Ind Essential list.

seamonkey84

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:53 PM »
Here in Maine they opened up general fishing season two weeks early and aren’t requiring a fishing license till April 30
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

charlys1954

« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2020, 10:54 PM »
https://www.kpcnews.com/covid-19/article_f7801a46-1e32-524a-b64a-7d6de0979766.html

This link list defines some essential activities, heres the paragraph. I consider fishing an outdoor activity

The order does define several examples of “essential” activities and what those are, including: for health and safety; for necessary supplies and services; for outdoor activity; for certain types of work and to take care of others.

fishinator

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2020, 06:55 AM »
None of the restrictions make much sense. Basically kids can't go to school and bartenders can't go to work.

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2020, 12:54 PM »
stay at home but you can go to store.  lol  wth if you can go to store u can go to work. twilight zone

gov. = unable to lead                                                                                                                                                                                   

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2020, 01:00 PM »
So state parks and army core ramps are open....but you can't drive to them. Makes sense.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.