FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stay at home  (Read 4002 times)

bherr24

Re: Stay at home
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2020, 02:41 PM »
DNR just put out a release stating outdoor activities like fishing and hunting are still permitted as well as travel to and from those activities. So fish on!!

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2020, 02:47 PM »
So state parks and army core ramps are open....but you can't drive to them. Makes sense.

If you read the actual executive orders for each state that has issued a 'stay at home' you'd notice that all of them are only suggesting against non essential travel.  It takes a lot to restrict people in the US to stay in their homes.

charlys1954

« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:57 AM »
If you read the actual executive orders for each state that has issued a 'stay at home' you'd notice that all of them are only suggesting against non essential travel.  It takes a lot to restrict people in the US to stay in their homes.

The new order from Ind. Gov. Holcomb is now an order after 3-24-20 at midnight, its not suggested.
"outdoors activity" is under essential activities, Here's whats posted on my thread, the link and part of interest on fishing

--------------------------------------------

NEW Gov orders take effect Mar 24 midnight

After reading the new Gov. order for 3-24-20 midnight looks like fishing will be aloud its an outside activity

Indiana Stay-At-Home Order FAQ: https://www.in.gov/gov/3232.htm?mod=article_inline

What is an essential activity? (this is the part I say we can fish its an outdoof activity)
Essential activities include but are not limited to activities for health and safety, necessary supplies and services, outdoor activity, certain types of essential work, and to take care of others.

When does the order take effect?
The Stay-At-Home Order takes effect Tuesday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Can I leave my home to exercise?
Outdoor exercise such as running or taking a walk is acceptable. However, gyms, fitness centers and associated facilities will be closed to reduce the spread of the coronavirus. While exercising outside, you still should practice social distancing by running or walking at least 6 feet away from other people.

Can I walk my dog or go to the veterinarian?
You are allowed to walk your dog and seek medical care for your pet should they require it. Practice social distancing while out on walks, maintaining at least 6 feet from other neighbors and their pets.

Will roads in Indiana be closed?
No, the roads will remain open. You should only travel if it is for your health or essential work.

I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

charlys1954

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:04 AM »
stay at home but you can go to store.  lol  wth if you can go to store u can go to work. twilight zone

gov. = unable to lead                                                                                                                                                                                   

Hey fish, it's only stay at home unless what you are going to do is listed under "essential activities". "outdoors activities" is listed as essential activities in the new Gov. order which starts Mar 24 at midnight.

My wife has a note from her factory saying her factory is essential activity.

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2020, 07:59 AM »
I have a letter saying that me driving a truck is essential as well. SO OFF TO WORK I GO....

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:49 AM »
No one is going to stop you from being out regardless.  Even with these executive orders everyone needs to remember this:  without a reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime, law enforcement can't legally stop you.

I'm all for doing what I can to mitigate the spread of this virus but I also am all for knowing my rights so they are not stepped on.

My state (CT) has almost the same executive order and I have been leaving the house daily to do whatever I please.  The U.S. would need to enact martial law to enforce a true lock down and that isn't gonna happen.

lovetfish

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2020, 09:19 AM »

Badbrad2186

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:18 AM »
Unless you run into this https://wpta21.com/2020/03/24/city-police-prepare-to-enforce-stay-at-home-order/

Yes but that is a different order than we have in New York as we are still encouraged to do out door activities

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Unless you run into this https://wpta21.com/2020/03/24/city-police-prepare-to-enforce-stay-at-home-order/

I read your states executive order and while I don't doubt police may use it as a means to stop people.  You still have rights...and your states executive order did not change the laws in the state.  Its not illegal to drive even under the order. The article states you'll receive a ticket...I cant imagine it would hold up in court because you would not be breaking an actual law in your state. 

That said I am glad I dont live there.

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Yes but that is a different order than we have in New York as we are still encouraged to do out door activities

Their executive order is virtually the same the difference is the politicians pushing it.  Some may overstep their authority...in this case it looks like Indiana wants to try to see where the limit is. 

charlys1954

« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:53 AM »
No one is going to stop you from being out regardless.  Even with these executive orders everyone needs to remember this:  without a reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime, law enforcement can't legally stop you.

Hate to tell you but before midnight last night it was a suggestion by the Gov. to stay homw, now its an executive order enforceable by cops. But what they gona do arrest you and throw you in a holding cell with others, can't do that with 10 or more that would be a gathering and have to be 6' apart.

All kidding aside maybe there would be just fines but haven't seen anything on that. But they'd have to prove you wasn't doing things on the essential activity list like getting gas, food, going to work, FISHING.

That's what I'm gona do right now, go fishing.

abishop

« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Hate to tell you but before midnight last night it was a suggestion by the Gov. to stay homw, now its an executive order enforceable by cops. But what they gona do arrest you and throw you in a holding cell with others, can't do that with 10 or more that would be a gathering and have to be 6' apart.

All kidding aside maybe there would be just fines but haven't seen anything on that. But they'd have to prove you wasn't doing things on the essential activity list like getting gas, food, going to work, FISHING.

GOOD 4 U. good luck

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2020, 01:42 PM »

I read your states executive order and disagree but people are going to interpret and apply it to themselves how they see fit.  Section 7 subsection C is pretty clear. 

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2020, 02:17 PM »
I'm on a major highway in Indiana (U.S. HWY 33) and frankly I see no difference in traffic. There are so many loopholes (people are getting deferments to go to work at their factory) I doubt it's very effective.

This is basically a way to make the government look like they are doing something vs. pulling out all stops to getting the job done, which although it would make more sense, it would hurt them politically which is all politicians care about. 

We fish farmers ran in to same reluctance and incomptence when a virus (VHS) showed up in wild fish stocks with fish kills.  APHIS's response was to sit on their hands and not allow fish transport from fish farms for several months, never mind the virus was not on fish farms and never has shown up on fish farms. Did we do something about the pathogens and exotic fish species that come into the Great Lakes via ballast water? NO. This hurt a lot of small businesses. Now the average fish farm spends thousands of dollars testing for a virus that does not exist on fish farms and probably never will. Many went out of business. Add to that we haven't had a VHS fish kill un public waters in probably 20 years.

And of course no testing required within state boundaries for fish species except salmonids. Just when crossing state lines. Of which there is no epidemlogical basis for making a state line the cut off point.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishcrazy

« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2020, 03:53 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.