FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286582 times)

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #1125 on: Jul 16, 2018, 06:50 AM »
i also use spinners for perch and gills,but i make mine,the colors blue and green
works the best for me
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #1126 on: Jul 16, 2018, 08:42 AM »
i also use spinners for perch and gills,but i make mine,the colors blue and green
works the best for me
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I'll have to check it out....i like the eyeball above the hook...are they available?...where do you get the tools and components?
Oh you know what...i mentioned trap for the use of spinners.....i believe it was you i was thinking of...sorry 'bout that.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Pequod1

« Reply #1127 on: Jul 17, 2018, 05:01 AM »
I use that stingnose in deep wTer too.  It worked for me last year about this time in 50’ in Cayuga and I have used it on Erie.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1128 on: Jul 17, 2018, 09:01 AM »
I'll have to check it out....i like the eyeball above the hook...are they available?...where do you get the tools and components?
Oh you know what...i mentioned trap for the use of spinners.....i believe it was you i was thinking of...sorry 'bout that.
icejohn
trapper and  myself both make spinners,get a lot of items from ebay,hagen's,lurepartsonline,and netcraft,and there  are others
if you need help let me know
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

icejohn

« Reply #1129 on: Jul 18, 2018, 09:36 PM »
trapper and  myself both make spinners,get a lot of items from ebay,hagen's,lurepartsonline,and netcraft,and there  are others
if you need help let me know
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Ok...i've used all those for my jig and fly tying products...i'd love to find an eyeball like on these spinners...these cost $5 and up for larger sizes...that's why i'd like to make my own....
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1130 on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Ok...i've used all those for my jig and fly tying products...i'd love to find an eyeball like on these spinners...these cost $5 and up for larger sizes...that's why i'd like to make my own....
icejohn
john
i have not seen that type of eye ball,but maybe you can use the glue on eyes[everybody sells]
on flat bead that size,NOTE- m.m.of the bead should match the m.m. of the eye[eye m.m.???]
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #1131 on: Jul 19, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Ok fellas, clue me in... I've never heard of fishing spinners for perch... are you locating the fish and then using something to get the spinners down to the right depth and trolling? Casting them? Vertically jigging them? Would love to give it a try if someone's willing to share the technique!    On a side note, I made it out to Erie last week with some friends and, as everyone has been, absolutely cleaned up on walleye. We had 4 guys in one boat and 3 guys in the other and we had a 7 man limit by 9:00 every morning. Some guys at a tackle shop were telling about how some of the charter boat captains are having a friendly competition as to who can catch an 'eye on the most outrageous rig. The current frontrunners are... a bootlace leader with a fork tied on for flash and a piece of yarn as a leader with fingernail clippers tied on the end with a hook on them!
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1132 on: Jul 19, 2018, 07:12 AM »
Ok fellas, clue me in... I've never heard of fishing spinners for perch... are you locating the fish and then using something to get the spinners down to the right depth and trolling? Casting them? Vertically jigging them? Would love to give it a try if someone's willing to share the technique!    On a side note, I made it out to Erie last week with some friends and, as everyone has been, absolutely cleaned up on walleye. We had 4 guys in one boat and 3 guys in the other and we had a 7 man limit by 9:00 every morning. Some guys at a tackle shop were telling about how some of the charter boat captains are having a friendly competition as to who can catch an 'eye on the most outrageous rig. The current frontrunners are... a bootlace leader with a fork tied on for flash and a piece of yarn as a leader with fingernail clippers tied on the end with a hook on them!
I make some small spinners in blue and green,may have given some to trapper??
they do work will put up some photos [works best in water with low weeds from shore
RAT

icejohn

« Reply #1133 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:06 AM »
deerfishy...i was using the spinner in shallow water...3-7fow around here (south shore lake ontario) after their spawn in our bays they seem to leave and hold along shoreline in certain areas so for deeper water i don't think spinners would really work.
icejohn

seamonkey84

« Reply #1134 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:20 AM »
I’ve caught lots of perch and sunfish on spinners. The smaller fire tiger rooster tails work great in my area. I use them for trout, bass, and panfish. The lakes I fish tend to be more shallow so they don’t have many places to go deep.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

deerefishyfishy

« Reply #1135 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:29 AM »
So you guys are just casting and cranking then. Thanks for the info. I'll have to give it a try if I ever find some perch in the shallows
Do you think fish go home and lie about all the bait they stole?

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish all day and make up lies...

There's a reason they call it fishing, not catching.

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #1136 on: Aug 12, 2018, 06:31 PM »

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1137 on: Aug 12, 2018, 06:56 PM »
looks like diner to me...nice job
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

icejohn

« Reply #1138 on: Aug 12, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Nice mess of panfish....great job

Gino@Rondout

« Reply #1139 on: Sep 18, 2018, 07:11 PM »
They were finicky tonight but still managed a few.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.