FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: flatties anyone?  (Read 5589 times)

river scum

• fishin is livin
flatties anyone?
« on: Mar 06, 2004, 05:08 PM »
dose anyone else fish for flatheads? lets hear from ya maybe we can hook up.

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: flatties anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2004, 01:51 PM »
Riverman i havent ever fished for em but i am willing to learn if you can teach an old dog new tricks im ready to give it a try.
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2004, 03:17 PM »
Riverman, you showed me some good spots to catch crappie and channels, but I am still waiting to be schooled in Flathead 101.

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2004, 05:54 PM »
Crappie 66 Maybe if were lucky he will teach us both how to catch em.    lol
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2004, 10:35 PM »
Where you fish for them riverman.  I used to go up to Berring Springs with a guy who new the St. Jo like the back of his hand. Got spoiled and have only tried in Indiana a few times. I love flatties, man. Best freshwater fight I ever had.

river scum

• fishin is livin
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2004, 07:01 AM »
i suppose i will have to take you guys on a river trip this summer. if you guys are catchnreleaseers lol.

powerworm go to the wabash or the maumee,thats were i get on them. the maumee is full of nice fish cause it is hard to get on and people dont take them home because of polotion. it is nothing to reel in a 20#er!

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:28 AM »
With the flatheads it is all catch and release.  I only keep tasty fish.

river scum

• fishin is livin
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2004, 01:55 PM »
With the flatheads it is all catch and release.  I only keep tasty fish.

i guess you never ate flaties from clean water then. they are much better that mushy old crappie  lol

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Riverman's right, all white meat and delicious. Put them back though so I can catch 'em.  I'll put 'em back I just want to fight 'em and take a picture. Is there a way to get a decent map of the Maumee? I've caught a twenty pounder, I want a forty.  Is April the best month or should I wait until summer? Will gills work? That's what we used to use in Michigan. About 6 or 7"ers. 

river scum

• fishin is livin
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2004, 12:21 PM »
i dont know of a good map no sry. you can map it online with satylite photos at (microsoft terra server). you can realy zoom in on stuff, better than a map in my book.
i fish them all season worm, as long as its 50+ water temp. i usually wait till a food also. when the river hits 12ft. its time to go! keep tabs on the water hight at (indiana stream flows),its every 4 hour updates. that site is the best way to know when to putt in your time.
gills are what i use for them yes. they are hardy and easy to get. live or fresh killed both work fine. the key word is fresh.
spring you can do good at the d**n in ft.wayne or anywere a creek runs in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.