FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Xrhino's xcellent fishing xcursions UPDATE 9/20: GILLS BUT NO CATS...(Pg 4)  (Read 15589 times)

Pikeguy

lol, they just looked like he was wading in the water a little bit ???

I thought he just had really thick green legs and his shorts matched his shirt  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
I thought he just had really thick green legs and his shorts matched his shirt  ;D
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Who says I don't?
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Pikeguy

Who says I don't?

Arch. He said they're really nice  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Brian and I went to our trailer in Onalaska for the annual gill trip and to try for flatheads.  The gills ran much smaller than average and mother nature prevented us from getting across the lake to the river for the cats, but we had a good time anyway.  The gills, while small this year, were everywhere and we got in a little smallie fishing in as well.  I invited Pikeguy, but he wussed out.  ;)

It's hard to see here, but they were coming two at a time on most casts again.

When they didn't come two at a time, one piggy often ate both jigs.

A break in the storms.

My share of the spoils.  We sorted through hundreds of fish to get these marginal keepers, but at least there's meat in the freezer.

Why do the rods always end up in a massive clusterbomb by the end of the trip?  :-\

We're hoping to give both the gills and the cats one more shot in October...ahem... Adam.  8)

pinche

• Amen
looks like a good trip despite the weather :clapping:....ummm...you may still be untangling your gear in October  ;D
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

archbishop

gretafish lucas, but man seeing yuour poles atthe bottom just reminded me i have a mess to untangle after moving :'(

Pikeguy

Wussed out?? Wussed out?? C'mon man...I invited you up here too that night. Where were you?? lol  ;)
Nice lookin Gills and sorry I couldn't make it...my beer drinkin skills were required elsewhere last weekend  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
looks like a good trip despite the weather :clapping:....ummm...you may still be untangling your gear in October  ;D

Tell me about it.  We have to bring everything because there could be anything from gills to pike going.  It's a pain.  :P

gretafish lucas, but man seeing yuour poles atthe bottom just reminded me i have a mess to untangle after moving :'(

Thanks.  Hopefully you didn't bust any tips off or lose stuff.  Moving truly is the worst!!!  >:( :-\

Wussed out?? Wussed out?? C'mon man...I invited you up here too that night. Where were you?? lol  ;)
Nice lookin Gills and sorry I couldn't make it...my beer drinkin skills were required elsewhere last weekend  ;D

I know.  I couldn't resist a little jab after all the abuse I've been taking this week.  ;)

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
phat gills Xrhino!!  Looks like some good eatin.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
My share of the spoils.  We sorted through hundreds of fish to get these marginal keepers

Whoa - marignal?  ???  Not in Lindz's world!  :tipup:  ;D

Nice break in the storm shot too.  :tipup:
   &  Bass

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
 ::) ::) Thanks boys!  I'm spoiled on gills.  I'll try to dig up and scan some pics from years past when we were hauling in the big, dark bump-heads.  It's really a gill factory over there during open water, but we've never done squat through the ice.  :P

Pikeguy

::) ::) Thanks boys!  I'm spoiled on gills.  I'll try to dig up and scan some pics from years past when we were hauling in the big, dark bumb-heads.  It's really a gill factory over there during open water, but we've never done squat through the ice.  :P

maybe we can give it a shot this winter. Get the vex goin...and slay em!  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
maybe we can give it a shot this winter. Get the vex goin...and slay em!  ;D

I always think we're going to do well, but when we get there it never works.  That may have something to do with the fact that we have a self-imposed rule of no booze at the trailer during open water -- beer only.  That rule becomes a little more flexible in winter, but so does our wake up time.   :-X 8)

I could use all the help I can get on the ice over there, just bring your liver.  ;D

Pikeguy

I could use all the help I can get on the ice over there, just bring your liver.  ;D

Don't worry about my Liver...I have a little wagon it stays in and follows me around wherever I go. It tried to run away once...so I tied it on to that. I still have a soft spot or two on it that I'm trying to get rid of  ;D  ;)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Don't worry about my Liver...I have a little wagon it stays in and follows me around wherever I go. It tried to run away once...so I tied it on to that. I still have a soft spot or two on it that I'm trying to get rid of  ;D  ;)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :whistling:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.