FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite Homemade Gadgets  (Read 6906 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
Favorite Homemade Gadgets
« on: Mar 28, 2004, 10:32 PM »
This was a good subject on the Shanty. There are some real Edisons among us so I thought see what open water ideas are out there. I hav several inventions that are usefull to me one is a carrier for two coleman lanterns. I grafted two 5 gallon fishin buckets together to make this baby it has a window on one side so I can find my way back to my car after a long night of drinkin, whoops, I mean fishin. I also have my own forked sticks that I take to the river when I go catfishin'. Just a wooden dowel with one of those screw in tool holders in one end. I have a pair of long ones for the front end of my rods and a pair of short ones for the reel ends to keep my reels out of the river mud. My current pet project is a live mouse rig for muskies and very largmouth bass. It would involve pet store food mice and small sized wire tied and some treble hooks what do ya think? 
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

devil-man

Re: Favorite Homemade Gadgets
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2004, 12:32 AM »
I think that's pretty farkin twisted!
How are you going to hook them?
Trebles, you say?...

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2004, 12:52 PM »
FM, can you post some pics of your inventions (that is, if you don't plan on getting a patent)?  They sound pretty cool.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2005, 12:31 PM »
My favorite MacGyver device consists of 4 feet of nylon rope and a metal claw fastened to the end.  This helps to retrieve lures that end up on underwater logs or roots on river banks.  It always seems that you could not get out quite far enough to reach them (especially when you are only 5'6" tall).  Throw the claw and hook onto the root or tree limb and drag it in, no chance of breaking off.  Made up this gadget after loosing 3, $6.00 rapalas one day during high water.  Works like a charm.

amazinmoose

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2005, 10:46 AM »
mice make great bait... the bass and brown trout love em  try rubberbands two of them... that way you dont hook the little critters, they live longer  -  tightlines moose

blaque

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2005, 11:06 AM »
I agree with devil-man , twisted to say the least.  Not to mention they would drown so fast.........what would be the point. Unless your going to invent mice sized scuba gear? They make soft plastic imitation mice that woud probably be more cost effective. As you can put them back in your box at the end of the day and use them again and again.........and ya can give em' all the action of a live mouse with the twitch of a rod.

amazinmoose

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Twisted?? says who!? nothing beats live bait. its outfishes everything..  as for them needing scuba gear!? iv never had a mouse or rat drownd on me!!  just cast and wait for the splash!! ever fish for pike or musky? they love em too!  the brown mice with the white tummys work best !!

amazinmoose

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:06 PM »
blaque do you have mouse traps in your house?? i bet you do..   i find it more humane to have a fish eat the mouse then to kill it in a mouse trap. at least im contribution to the circle of life.  tightlines and big fish, moose

blaque

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:28 PM »
No actually, i dont.  Honest to god........Ive never seen a mouse in my house. Had them in the garage in the spring.......and just let em' be.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:29 PM »
blaque, copper wiring works pretty good, two wraps behind the shoulder, no too tight to limit breathing, but enough to keep the little devils from squirming out.  Rubber bands are more gentle, but the d**n mice chew right through them. ;)

amazinmoose

« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2005, 12:59 PM »
blaque, here in new england in worcester county mass by the woods mice are everywhere.. i have traps in my house year round, there offal they come in more so in the fall and winter for the heat. bigredfishing as for the rubber bands iv never had them chew through, i use hopper rats(2 week old) im a reptile keeper and breed my own.  im ganna try the wire in the future though..  tightlines moose

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.