FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boy! How about those Banjo minnows!  (Read 10783 times)

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
Re: Boy! How about those Banjo minnows!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 04:03 PM »
Has anyone seen the Roland Martin "Rocket Fisherman" yet? It is this deal that you pump like a shotgun and "shoot" a capsule that contains your bait.

:w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: ::)

They have them at Walmart now for $30
Better stock up on them before they are all sold out
Shoots 30 feet
After 4 beers I can do the same thing
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

the Wizard

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Ok. I just returned from Black lake,N.Y.    We had a tuff go with a cold front but did get a few nice crappie.
   I found a rock shoal covered with smallies feeding on crayfish, we caught one after another on small tube jigs , live minnows and little mister twisters.    So this was my chance ; I RIGGED UP THE SMALL BANJO MINNOW
 casted it out, nothing, my partner is still getting bass, I cast again , nothing; 15 casts later I put the banjo back in its case and casted my tube jig, Bang , first cast a smallie, then I threw out a little fathead minnow under a bobber and pow, instantly got another bass .
     So that pretty much settled my question!       Anybody want a banjo minnow kit, CHEAP ;D

WIZ
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Ok. I just returned from Black lake,N.Y.    We had a tuff go with a cold front but did get a few nice crappie.
   I found a rock shoal covered with smallies feeding on crayfish, we caught one after another on small tube jigs , live minnows and little mister twisters.    So this was my chance ; I RIGGED UP THE SMALL BANJO MINNOW
 casted it out, nothing, my partner is still getting bass, I cast again , nothing; 15 casts later I put the banjo back in its case and casted my tube jig, Bang , first cast a smallie, then I threw out a little fathead minnow under a bobber and pow, instantly got another bass .
     So that pretty much settled my question!       Anybody want a banjo minnow kit, CHEAP ;D

WIZ

Ive never fished smallies with it, but I have caught some spawning bass on the banjo. It irritates them :D

Fishing is life

MIRC!

the Wizard

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 07:03 AM »
You should have seen these fish , they were stacked in this spot , we caught 20-30 each.
    I thought for sure they would pound the banjo.       Some of the bass we caught had a mouth full of crayfish , crayfish  w/ eggs under they're tails [ thats another thing ]{ I didn't know crayfish spawned this early}.

Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 10:30 AM »
yea there great i fish with em all the time, cause i've made a fortune in real estate, i just followed the plan or plans on tv. evenrude e-tec is on my boat/ nothing else will do. and when i get home my chicken is perfect... "i set it and forget it" before i go fishing ;D ::)

If you never used or saw one used the RONCO COOKER is truly simple and effective.
Yes info commercials are traps, bt this one really works. Only problem is clean up.
The food is really tasty and simple to prepare.

WIZARD you can be the banjo master of the the labatt blues! Saw it work well on pike, the draw back was the tangles like previously noted.
Internet heros give it a rest!

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 11:02 AM »
yea i got thos banjoes minnows  what a joke unless ur fishin for pike or pickeral
Loren .W.

Kyle

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 10:16 PM »
hmm, thats wierd..my one buddy always uses these and gets lots of bull trout,rainbow trout, brown trout, pike,walleye, bass...he uses them alot and ive seen him catch quite a few.  I personally believe the lure will work as long as you have faith in it, if you dont have faith you wont fish it as hard as your old standby 8)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I have a buddy who swears by these....I bought some and have had no luck..he loves em and uses mine to catch fish while we are fishing together...looks like Im paying for  his  tackle

hunter13

« Reply #23 on: Mar 21, 2008, 07:55 AM »
what about trhem helicoptor lures what a joke 

hunter13
GRAB YOUR ROD AND GET-R-DONE

havejigwilltravel

« Reply #24 on: Mar 23, 2008, 09:10 AM »
i had the flying lure given to me.used it once.didn't catch a thing.it sits in a box in the basement.

stingdave9119

« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2008, 12:24 PM »
ive been using them regularly for the prolly 5yrs now and if the bite gets slow i'll use them but i swear by the banjo 3inchers catch nething netime never let me down just takes a while to figure the methods out for them
if casted right can use just like top water baits or let them sink

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.