FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lowrance Ice Machine on Softwater  (Read 4115 times)

hawgerdawger

Lowrance Ice Machine on Softwater
« on: Mar 11, 2006, 10:03 PM »
I've been considering buying the Lowrance X67c Ice Machine, primarily for ice fishing but also as a tool for summer fishing. A big selling point for me is its versatility over some of the other flashers and the unit's capabilities once the ice season ends. In order to help my decision, I'd like to hear some softwater success/failure stories about this unit from those of you who own one. Thanks!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

busler15

Re: Lowrance Ice Machine on Softwater
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2006, 06:49 PM »
This is not a softwater story. I purchased the x67c ice machine this winter for ice fishing and plan on using it in my boat this summer also. You need a different transducer, but from what i hear it is well worth it. This winter, it worked awesome. I like the split screen mode in about 20' of water, one side has the whole water column and the other has the bottom 10'! Got a good deal on it too! Hope this helps!

hawgerdawger

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2006, 09:01 AM »
Thanks! Glad you like it. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying one, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

hawgerdawger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2006, 05:47 PM »
One more question ... I have an Eagle FishEasy that I bought about four years ago. Does anyone know if that transducer will work with the Lowrance x67c? That would be a big bonus if it did!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.