FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512869 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3465 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57 AM »
lowjack12, great looking garden!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

seamonkey84

« Reply #3466 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Wow, that looks more like a farm than someone’s garden.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Mac Attack

« Reply #3467 on: May 30, 2020, 09:39 AM »

Almost got it all in

Sweet, it's so large you had to get up onto the roof to get it all into the photo.

gotagetm

« Reply #3468 on: May 30, 2020, 01:31 PM »
got 175 feet x 12.5 feet of Geo-Textile fabric for garden today,planting tomorrow had to go to 3 different nursurys to get plants i needed ,cant find jalepeos though ill keep looking

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3469 on: May 30, 2020, 03:03 PM »
Got the raised beds done at camp today!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3470 on: May 30, 2020, 04:12 PM »

Great stuff guys

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3471 on: May 30, 2020, 07:56 PM »
got 175 feet x 12.5 feet of Geo-Textile fabric for garden today,planting tomorrow had to go to 3 different nursurys to get plants i needed ,cant find jalepeos though ill keep looking

Started my hot peppers from seed. Was going to transplant today, but I'm waiting till tomorrow. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, 3 types of tomatoes, and 12 varieties of herbs.

If you start them from seed yourself, you know where they come from.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3472 on: May 31, 2020, 07:40 AM »
i appreciate it lowjack but im in southern tier
and your right rg i usually have them but this year wasnt sure if doing garden cause how busy work has been but now live and learn

gotagetm

« Reply #3473 on: May 31, 2020, 02:39 PM »

Not as nice as all your raised bed gardens but should work fine , working so many hours now no time to weed, Geo Textile controls weeds well , just gotta water later

cnypanfisher

« Reply #3474 on: May 31, 2020, 04:13 PM »

5 raised beds with 60 tomato plants. Canning in 2 months.

gotagetm

« Reply #3475 on: May 31, 2020, 05:13 PM »
60 tomatoes! Holy moly you'll have enough for years if yo can them all ,I used to do alot ,12 now gives me all sauce and juice I need for a year! Nice beds though!!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3476 on: May 31, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Couldn't possibly script a more perfect weekend for yard work! My boy Rob let me rent his 2 boys for a few hours and we got a ton of past due chores accomplished, they got some pocket money and ate me out of house and home lol. Today Lisa  and I cleaned our cars and I planted the garden finally.... used up some left over block from the build and started a new bed. Ran about a yard short on soil. So far I have market more and burp less cukes, Portugese long hot, Hungarian wax, hot cherry and orange bell peppers. Green beans and sugar snap peas, Roma, cherry, early girl and patio Tom's. Herbs and speragu and doing well and due to everyone becoming a farmer this year🙄 I had to start my pickle cukes from seed, along with Zucchini and radishes. 
Now for a well earned cocktail and some Walleye 😜

cnypanfisher

« Reply #3477 on: Jun 01, 2020, 03:21 AM »
60 tomatoes! Holy moly you'll have enough for years if yo can them all ,I used to do alot ,12 now gives me all sauce and juice I need for a year! Nice beds though!!
Yeah we have issues for sure, 2 of them are italians or pears for sauce, 2 are beefsteaks and another large breed, the last one has eaters and some cherry tomatoes. We put down A lot of sauce, tomatoes, salsa and Deb makes awesome chili sauce too. We also are going to have some for Deb's sister in law, she does 150 jars A year.

gotagetm

« Reply #3478 on: Jun 01, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Wowza!

seamonkey84

« Reply #3479 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:11 PM »
I picked up a fall gold raspberry cane at a nursery today, and ordered a dwarf blackberry on amazon (fingers crossed) plus some seeds. I’d better get my beds built and filled, but a few things I plan on putting in containers for at least the first year. .
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.